Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

I saw this one, this ebay seller has a lot of great ties (that I fully expect to go for ridiculous money)!

He wants ridiculous money for that one. :p

The tie for today is The Higby:
$(KGrHqJ,!lwE9JVDGL29BP)PUEBoGw~~60_58.JPG

A tie with knots on it. :p

05_29_20.jpg

05_29_19.jpg

05_29_21.jpg

This is a black skinny tie that was to my deceded grand-father. He was owner between 50 and 100 ties and it is was is only tie from the time he was in his 20's that he was still having. I never wear it since skinny tie are not something I like for myself. I keep it for sentimental reasons and as a souvenir of him.

Interesting. I have never seen one with a date stamped on the label like that. You are pretty sure when it was made that is for sure. :p

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
How about this for the worst vintage sale ever!

rooster.jpg

This is on Canadian Ebay described as "Men's Vintage neck tie huge lot Rooster square end Lord Taylor". Note the words 'huge lot'. Well, the picture doesn't show a 'huge lot' - it shows five rather ordinary 'Rooster' knitted ties, I'm guessing from the 1960s.

Look further down the listing - the 'huge lot' is described as Great vintage Rooster tie lot from lo taylor. Square ends. Assorted colors and fabrics. Vintage lot of five.[/I]

That's right, the 'huge lot' is five ties. How much do they ask for this 'huge lot'?

BUY IT NOW $250!!!!

Am I seeing things? Am I going mad? $50 each for a 1960s knitted tie (one of which has a large stain on it)!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mens-Vintage...425164531?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item5ae7273af3

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know. Found it in Leipzig which is in the east. You know- the wall, communism and all that stuff. Not the best place for vibrant american ties. I think in the 50s you would have gone to prison for a tie like this. Haha. It was in a pile with other ties of the usual 60s and 70s nastiness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou