Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Time to break out the Christmas ties... :)

horsetie100.jpg
[/IMG]

pheasanttie100.jpg
[/IMG]

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
I finally got around to actually trying on the better of my two vintage ties, also the first time I've tried out one of my vintage collar bars. I think the knot is a bit too small, but it tied incredibly easily compared to my modern ties.

IMG_4961crop_filtered.jpg

If I had trousers that had enough rise, I could make the tie shorter and the knot bigger/longer. But with the trousers I have, the tie only comes about halfway down my shirt. lol

Oh, and this old collar bar is infinitely better than the modern one I purchased first. Plus it was many times cheaper! Oh well, live and learn.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Those 4-in-1s are great. I've seen a couple of others: they both came from England.

Hermès ,until recently, offered 4-in-1 ties in tightly knitted Merino wool. I used to give them as gifts; great travel tie.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Lamplight said:
I finally got around to actually trying on the better of my two vintage ties, also the first time I've tried out one of my vintage collar bars. I think the knot is a bit too small, but it tied incredibly easily compared to my modern ties.

IMG_4961crop_filtered.jpg

If I had trousers that had enough rise, I could make the tie shorter and the knot bigger/longer. But with the trousers I have, the tie only comes about halfway down my shirt. lol

Oh, and this old collar bar is infinitely better than the modern one I purchased first. Plus it was many times cheaper! Oh well, live and learn.

I had the same knot problem today, too. But, you make do as you can...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner