Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
I fear the same happened to my dad's '66 Caprice wagon. Been looking for it, or a dead ringer, for a few years now. Same with my folks' old '77 LTD. I had found one identical, but a '78, in mint shape for cheap, but the guy never got back to me.

Sorry Tom,
I think the 74 Plymouth Fury wagon probably went to the crusher ages ago and was turned into razor blades. If it was somewhere in mothballs I would have dropped you a line and told you about it. In you case it at least if the Indians attack you can circle the wagons!

Also, had to post this pic of my Colony Park, parked behind my friend's Yenko Deuce.

190247_10151198598079330_747344716_n.jpg

Geez! That thing is worth a fortune now. Trade him for it. :p
I had a '69 Z/28, 302 in high school. Girlfriends dad was a collector of 40's & 50's coupes. Bought it in NY "'cause it was pretty". Sold it to me for what he paid. I was the king of the town. If Ida kept 'Er, shed be worth a fortune today. Such is life. ;)

I don't have anymore pics, unfortunately. I'll see if I can get more.

Crazy cool. Any more pics??? I knew a guy that had one of ~200 COPO ’69 Camaros. I've never seen one of those (great green too) though - they didn't get respect when I was in high school. Look who's laughing now!

When I was there, he told me he had gotten an offer of $75,000, and that he would take $100,000 for it. He's too smart to go for a trade with me lol

Geez! That thing is worth a fortune now. Trade him for it. :p

Justin B

One Too Many
Had a '72 Nova SS with a 454 under the hood. It was an original SS 454 car, but the stock engine had been blown and was replaced with an all aluminum monster built by Scoggin-Dickey (GMs biggest performance parts center at that time). The car was a beast on the dragstrip.

I had a '69 Z/28, 302 in high school. Girlfriends dad was a collector of 40's & 50's coupes. Bought it in NY "'cause it was pretty". Sold it to me for what he paid. I was the king of the town. If Ida kept 'Er, shed be worth a fortune today. Such is life. ;)

Now this is why I still have my first car. I wouldn't let a 57 chevy go to replace it with some modern crap. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Ugly and plastic leaves plenty of room for dispute. :p

Ugly and plastic?

Well there were a very few Electrose moldings in the headlight plugs, the light switch, and the magneto post, but although a 1919 Ford coupe would hardly be called beautiful by very many, I fail to see where "ugly and plastic" comes in.:confused:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Is that a legit Yenko???
Well yeah, it's got it right on the side. :)
$75K is about right in this market, maybe a bit higher if you have 2 guys with too much money in their pockets.
Color of course is everything, now I'm partial to green, don't know why but that's my color, and we had a 4 door Nova that exact color when I was a kid. Red or even yellow might bring more IMHO.
Whatever you do Tom, don't race him for pinks. I mean, what would you do with a 2 door car?

My current engines are a 302, a 307 Olds, a 318, an LT1 350, and a 351 Windsor. None of them stand a chance against a Yenko, especially considering that my wagon pictured with it is among the smaller of my vehicles lol

Whatever you do Tom, don't race him for pinks. I mean, what would you do with a 2 door car?

I do want a 2-door car, though, but thinking more something like these:

77_cadillac_eldorado1.jpg

79MKV-05.jpg

1966-Caprice-rear.jpg

P7100020.JPG

Oh, I know, but in my humble opinion, it was the heyday for the automobile. My Great-Grandpa had a Caprice in the same colors and everything. Always thought it was a really cool car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace