Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
75k might be fair, but not enough info yet to say. I love green, orange, yellow and purple - "Plum Crazy Purple" to be exact. Almost got a '69 Z/28 Indy 500 model some years back. Been contemplating a "PCP" Challenger. Never owned a MOPAR. My buddy has an original as well as a ’68 Camaro SS and GT 350 Shelby. He makes more dough than me, but I can't take his constant taunting. ;)I'd like more pics of the Nova Tom!

If I can get more pics, I will. I've known the guy for years and only seen the car a couple times.

If you're into Mopars, I've got a '73 Satellite up for sale! Green, too.

75k might be fair, but not enough info yet to say. I love green, orange, yellow and purple - "Plum Crazy Purple" to be exact. Almost got a '69 Z/28 Indy 500 model some years back. Been contemplating a "PCP" Challenger. Never owned a MOPAR. My buddy has an original as well as a ’68 Camaro SS and GT 350 Shelby. He makes more dough than me, but I can't take his constant taunting. ;)I'd like more pics of the Nova Tom!

If I can get more pics, I will. I've known the guy for years and only seen the car a couple times. If you're into Mopars, I've got a '73 Satellite up for sale! Green, too.
Is that the one you polished up a while back? Sure, put some pics and info up, or PM me and I'll give you my email. I'd really like a Roadrunner, but I wasted all my money on jackets and a house and kids lol

I'll try to get some pics for you over the weekend. I'll be over working on the Country Squire, so I'll be right there. Also, I hope I don't jinx it, but we're supposed to be acquiring a '73 Roadrunner, red/black, 340/auto, on Monday. It won't be ready for sale 'til spring, though. Also, right now, I'm thinking around $4500 for the Satellite.

Is that the one you polished up a while back? Sure, put some pics and info up, or PM me and I'll give you my email. I'd really like a Roadrunner, but I wasted all my money on jackets and a house and kids lol

I'll try to get some pics for you over the weekend. I'll be over working on the Country Squire, so I'll be right there. Also, I hope I don't jinx it, but we're supposed to be acquiring a '73 Roadrunner, red/black, 340/auto, on Monday. It won't be ready for sale 'til spring, though. Also, right now, I'm thinking around $4500 for the Satellite.
Hmm. Just keep the info flowing. Interesting! Look forward to more.

My current engines are a 302, a 307 Olds, a 318, an LT1 350, and a 351 Windsor. None of them stand a chance against a Yenko, especially considering that my wagon pictured with it is among the smaller of my vehicles lol

I do want a 2-door car, though, but thinking more something like these:

77_cadillac_eldorado1.jpg

79MKV-05.jpg

1966-Caprice-rear.jpg

P7100020.JPG

I already have the Eldorado but I would like the 59 if you are paying. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Cars of today are ugly and full of plastic.

Oh. Of course.

Cars in the 1950's were just ugly, then.:p

A machine ain't a real automobile lest it have running boards, or so I aver.

But then, as I wrote earlier "De gustibus...etc.";)

If I were forced to choose a favorite late 1950's machine I would probably go for with the 1957 Lincoln Premiere or the 1958 Chrysler Windsor. Both machines feature the sweeping lines characteristic of the period, but both also have a sufficiently long wheelbase avoid the rather stumpy appearance of the Chevrolets, and both are mercifully bereft of the excessive chromium trim which spoils the lines of so many otherwise fine machines of that period.

Only my personal opinion, but then what do I really know? As noted before, I actually like T Model Fords.

As for plastic, don't get me on the subject of the reeking Tenite trim used by so many auto companies in the 'thirties and 'forties.

Oh. Of course.

Cars in the 1950's were just ugly, then.:p

A machine ain't a real automobile lest it have running boards, or so I aver.

But then, as I wrote earlier "De gustibus...etc.";)

If I were forced to choose a favorite late 1950's machine I would probably go for with the 1957 Lincoln Premiere or the 1958 Chrysler Windsor. Both machines feature the sweeping lines characteristic of the period, but both also have a sufficiently long wheelbase avoid the rather stumpy appearance of the Chevrolets, and both are mercifully bereft of the excessive chromium trim which spoils the lines of so many otherwise fine machines of that period.

Only my personal opinion, but then what do I really know? As noted before, I actually like T Model Fords.

As for plastic, don't get me on the subject of the reeking Tenite trim used by so many auto companies in the 'thirties and 'forties.

At least you can drive a 50s vehicle around and keep up with modern traffic. lol lol Running boards were on the car so you had a place you could rest your feet after pushing for miles or to push like you do a skateboard. lol lol
Cars without chrome were cheap and blackout models they made during the war for military purposes. They don't use chrome now for the same reason---it costs too much.
Tenite ain't nothing next to the fake wood panels they put on cars in the 70s. If you like that then I can't help you. lol lol

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
When i said "reeking Tenite trim" I was being quite literal. Decomposing Tenite exudes quantities of Buteric Acid, and smells quite strongly of vomit.

I've driven Ford cars more than 200,000 miles in modern traffic over the past thirty years. It's not really as bad as some say, but then I've done this in the Midwest and in the Northeast, in areas where one can easily get from point "A" to point "B" without the use of limited access freeways. I suspect that in your part of the country this is not as easily arranged.

As far as the chrome brightwork, I've always thought it a bit garish. Brass I don't mind but it is rather a maintenence headache. Note that in the so-called "Golden Era" the Royal Family insisted that the brass, nickle or chromium brightwork on their Daimler machines be refinished in a satin black oxide. They either were the epitome of taste or they were secretly members of the "Black Bumper Amish".

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We had our share of fifties-type cars when I was growing up, although we avoided the extravagancies of Ford and GM. We had a Nash, which was dowdy and conservative by the standards of the time, but it's actually rather attractive and well-designed compared to some of its bigger-brand contemporaries. Or at least I think so. One of the reasons I like prewar Mopar cars is that they were designed by engineers, not the Boys from Marketing, and while they can be dowdy, it's a graceful and dignified dowdiness.

My grandfather, a gas-station man for over forty years, couldn't stand the cars of the Mad Men era -- he thought they were cheaply built and full of gizmos that made his life too complicated when he had to work on them -- and stuck to his 1936 Chevy until it was completely rusted out. I'm very thankful he didn't live to see the 1980s and beyond.

We have a guy here in town who uses a 1914 Model T, if not as his daily driver than as something more than just a parademobile, and he does just fine with in-town stop-and-go traffic. His brass is always brightly polished, too.

Last edited:
When i said "reeking Tenite trim" I was being quite literal. Decomposing Tenite exudes quantities of Buteric Acid, and smells quite strongly of vomit.

I've driven Ford cars more than 200,000 miles in modern traffic over the past thirty years. It's not really as bad as some say, but then I've done this in the Midwest and in the Northeast, in areas where one can easily get from point "A" to point "B" without the use of limited access freeways. I suspect that in your part of the country this is not as easily arranged.

As far as the chrome brightwork, I've always thought it a bit garish. Brass I don't mind but it is rather a maintenence headache. Note that in the so-called "Golden Era" the Royal Family insisted that the brass, nickle or chromium brightwork on their Daimler machines be refinished in a satin black oxide. They either were the epitome of taste or they were secretly members of the "Black Bumper Amish".

If you can get a model T up to 80mph then you would be fine out here. :p

The more chrome the better for me. If it doesn't blind then it ain't worth owning. The 58 Buick and 59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz were the premium examples.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
We have a guy here in town who uses a 1914 Model T, if not as his daily driver than as something more than just a parademobile, and he does just fine with in-town stop-and-go traffic. His brass is always brightly polished, too.

I did that for years, from 1977 until the late 'ninties. I stopped driving the "T" in daily service at the insistence of the "Better Half", who thought the Flivver to be rather de trop[\I]. Now that I'm older and wiser, and less easily pushed around I have a 1927 Tudor Sedan which I am currently restoring, and which will be entering daily service after we finish the restoration of our little bungalow.

I'm with you, there!

The more chrome the better for me. If it doesn't blind then it ain't worth owning. The 58 Buick and 59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz were the premium examples.

Tried to get my dad to borrow me ten grand to buy a '59 recently. Was in very good shape, but no luck.

I already have the Eldorado but I would like the 59 if you are paying. :p

And on that note, one of mine got a bath today...

Tenite ain't nothing next to the fake wood panels they put on cars in the 70s. If you like that then I can't help you. lol lol

254259_10151205166889330_1881285226_n.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
69 Camaro SS350

Speaking of Camaro's, here is my 69 SS350. White on black interior, factory front disc, horseshoe shifter and air. We had just painted it Sebring blue and 71 Corvette white racing stripes with real mother of pearl essence in the stripes. I tried to capture it in the second photo, just have to take my word, it was blinding! Note the BF Goodrich T/A radials! Sold it 25 years ago to an Air Force Cadet for $5000, thought I had won the lottery.
img002_zps6a3e81f7.jpg
img001_zpsccf9ea50.jpg

Love it Stearmen! Same colors as mine was. I had. 302 overbored to ~400 with a medium rise Edelbrock Scorpion manifold and a Holly 780. The rear was 4/88 and a Muncie Rock Crusher tranny. I paid $3444.00. I know how you feel :)

That' why they built the new one to look like the '69!

BTW, I heard there was a shooting in WI today - Brookfield Square Mall? Sorry to hear about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen