Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I love your style. If I had more money that's the style I'd do my home in. Right now I've got a little bit of everything....a little bit too much of everything. :eusa_doh:

QB...you are to funny!lol You can come shopping with me anytime and I'll show you how thrifty I can be with my vintage finds! :D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
I think the real key to Mary Deluxe's success with her home is not money, by creativity, persistance and hard work. Most of her nifty furnishings were yard sale finds, and other bargains, and she put a staggering amount of sweat equity into her place, from what she's described. I'm really impressed.

Thank you dhermann;) You are right...I didn't just walk into a store and put things on my credit card!!lol I am a very thrifty person and a big DIY kinda girl. There are only a few things I will pay lots of money for but never in an antique mall. I rarely ever buy in one of those places. I like estate sales, auctions, and such. I've been a passionate collector for years and I have a good eye for things. I can tell you exactly where I have gotten every item and how much I spent or didn't spend on it. I can also tell you stories behind some of the items that were told to me by the original owners. I think those items are the ones I love the best! Yup, I've got problems!lol lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Chas said:
>>[bad] lol Make that bed!

Hey, it's a home.... yah, I know... it's already done. I was trying to show off the 30s bedframe and the art deco bedside lamp. I should have tidied up before you came over....:eek:

Heck I'm the same way. I have a nearly identical vintage bedroom set, but I just got done washing the sheets so I HAD to make it.:D

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Chas said:
My newest acquistion. A NICE 30's light fixture....I love it.
lite.jpg

I had one of those--but it had 1/2 dozen lights. The shades were pink & it was huge. I sold it on eBay. I think I got $100-$150 for it.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
I'm just showing off my new kitchen hutch!

ctazystyle.jpg

2115385263_c73c118cb6.jpg

2116173920_8997f50e54.jpg

You should all come for a visit sometime!;)

I absolutely love your home Mary, it's very well done. The lamps and kitchen set are fabulous too.

A.R. McVintage

Mary Deluxe, naughty naughty. You can't just go teasing of Tiki and not post a couple of detail shots.;)

Also, can you give details on your home, such as why no bannister? What was the room above your living room if it was a room, etc?

And the decor is great. Besides the lack of ashtrays, it's very nearly perfectly period!:eusa_clap

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thank you so much SarahLouise! :)

And yes Mr. McVintage I am a very naughty girl! Remember a lady never reveals all of her secrets at once!;)

The Shirt

Practically Family
Finally got some pics of mine. I have a love for too many styles really and I'm terribly girly as you can tell from my bedroom. I am caught between loving modern things and a 50s homage. I suppose if I were made of money my home would be a bit different - but it's cosy and full of things I love. I admit I absolutely respect those who restore to original condition or who truly try to recreate an exact era. I dream of a modern ranch style home decked out in classic 50s era pieces. Just got to keep collecting. Let me know what you think.

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Demon kitty!
In more ways than you know! She walked into nearly every picture. I kept that one because her inner pyscho was glowing thru.

Doran - you can pick one up just like her at the local humane society.

I haven't been to this thread in a while...some great updates everyone!!
Here is a peek at part of my den, inspired by MaryDelux. :D I still have a lot of art to add.
DSCF1744.jpg

den13.jpg

mirror.jpg

The mirror was painted and I stripped it and refinished it to match my HW table.
The pillow I recovered with cute Rt 66 fabric.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shirt said:
In more ways than you know! She walked into nearly every picture. I kept that one because her inner pyscho was glowing thru.

Doran - you can pick one up just like her at the local humane society.

We have 3 already ...

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Shirt...I think you are doing a fine job with your collecting and your place is well laid out and has a nice eclectic feel about it! Love your green bedroom and the dining room! Oh and the framed mirrors!

Cherryred...I've been wondering how you were doing! Looking good and those drapes are amazing a good choice! Love that first picture alot! :)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shirt said:
The cat nightlight lamp is cool. I like the way the cat tail covers up the electrical cord that runs behind the bureau.
Seriously, I love your house.
On a sad note, we had 75-MPH winds overnight and a Golden Era pine tree in my back yard got broken and crashed onto my driveway inches from the garage. Took down the telephone and power lines, yet those utilities still work. The men worked for hours to-night putting the lines back up which is why I'm still up and wearing my coat and perhaps a little jittery.
No one hurt.
No pictures yet.
It was my favorite tree. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy