Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Vintage Office Supplies.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
I don't have much of an office set up yet, but I do have this swell old calendar:

276869732_7b6963ead6.jpg

Supposedly used in the film "The Sting", but I can't verify that. It's very cool, but the paper is so brittle, I've had to seal it away and have made new 'leaves' to put in it.

265493108_daac710f2a.jpg

And I have my grandfather's old phone. I asked to borrow it for a film and he just yarded it out of the wall. When I had a land line, it was my main phone.

I got a great old file cabinet on the weekend as well. Ace still makes a vintage style stapler, by the way.

Now all I need is a desk and maybe some walls to put it all in.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Not an office supply...

Sam_Marlow_PI said:
there ya' go...wish i did that with a few of my relatives...found out my uncle has a desk in his barn that my great grandmother used...think ill snatch that up...

and thank you for the listfinder ideas!

...but I did make off with a sterling silver lighter. Elaborately hand engraved in Japan in 1955.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
That is looking nice. Do I see a detective pulp on the desk?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

yes indeed...
- a double issue "Detective Mystery Novels Magazine" 1949
- "Front Page Detective" 1941
- "Headquarters Detective" 1943
- "Inside Detective" 1939

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
RetroToday said:
A VERY good start to your vintage office. Man, you got a lotta dames!
;)

oh yah, you bet brother...my women lol...the ones you couldnt see, a pinup girl all the way on the left and Bette Davis LIFE magazine up on the right ceiling...its pretty cool...

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I found this card file at a yard sale today. Three dollars.

dscn0944.jpg

The display case under it was ten dollars.

I've had these job trays (In/Out files?) for a number of years. I got the double at a yard sale a few years ago. I paid five or ten dollars for it. I got the single from work, for free. When I found the card file, I remembered them and dug them out.

dscn0951.jpg

My brother threw this guy away when he moved. I dug him out, dusted him off and now he's doing what cats do best: being a paperweight (which qualifies him for this thread. lol)

dscn0961.jpg

Lee

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
MrNewportCustom said:
We've seen typewriters and office furniture, now it's time to show us the vintage office supplies that compliment them. These are my staplers.

A similar stapler in this thread possibly dates my first one to the thirties. Look at the design of the bases. Both are Swinglines.
dscn0412.jpg

Lee

"'The work can wait,' I said, quoting our business motto." - Robert Benchley

My dad, who recently retired, "swiped" a Swingline stapler just like that one, only a darker green color, from his office (shhhhhh!, lol) when he was cleaning out his desk. (no one would miss it, and would probably consider it junk since it's old)

When I saw it in his home office I begged him for it. He said, "I'll give it to you in my will," lol. He will not be parted from it!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
speaking of paperweights, my dad bought a couple wood water buffalo statuettes and wants to pour lead in the base and make bookends...cant find them though..

KilroyCD

One Too Many
How about a 1930s intercom speaker?

I got this at an auction a while back. Not in the best of shape cosmetically, but that can be taken care of. Now, if I can only come up with the rest of the intercom!
100_0370.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
It's coming along...

Here are some shots of our office at Ft Miles that were taken on Novenber 10. We're adding to it, but we're still looking for wire mesh waste paper baskets. Here's the first one (titled, "Hello, Sam's Pizza?..."):
100_0446.jpg

This is one of our waiting area. We just need some National Geographics from the 1920s to make it seem like a real waiting room:
100_0448.jpg

And I couldn't resist this shot. Taken from this angle, my colleaugue Matt is sitting in the middle of a "real big empty"...:
100_0443.jpg

panamag8or

Practically Family
Okay, I've talked a good game in this thread, now it's time to man up and post a pic or two.

Here is a clock that hung in my Grandfather's store for many years. I spent several summers staring at this clock, praying for 5:00.lol

DSCF0335.jpg

Here is a closeup of the center detail:
DSCF0337.jpg

Here is an old Sheaffer demonstration pen and base. It has the name of the store stamped in it. I use it as my desk pen. I have re-created the exact pen it describes, with a little help from a pen expert. The only thing not correct is that it should be on a chain.
DSCF0339.jpg

Oh, mb5... I found a tape dispenser just like that in his garage the other day. I think I'll snag it next time I'm out there.

dakotanorth

Practically Family
3-hole punch

MrNewportCustom said:
My brother just got this three hole punch at a swap meet. Five dollars.

dscn1013.jpg

dscn1014.jpg

dscn1015.jpg

Bottom: catch tray removed.

Lee

When is that from?? I have one just like it (not green though).
I wanted to get it sandblasted and repainted. No clue on price though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner