Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*Sigh*

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
My school was a Episcopalian military/prep school in Southern California that had dropped the military part a few years before I arrived. Nonetheless, we still endured (and, for a time, perpetuated) the military-style hazing and all that rot.

A favorite was called "scrubbing": if a 7th grader did not move aside and bow his head when an upperclassman passed, then a group of upperclassmen would grab the offending boy, carry/drag him to the bathroom, and "scrub" a toilet bowl with his head.

I learned to avoid upperclassmen very quickly.

Boy,...are you guys ever off topic!!!

So in order to bring us back to the subject at hand, you could really "scrub" somebody if they were wearing one of those furry hats.

Say,....what's wrong with The Cure anyway???

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
My school was a Episcopalian military/prep school in Southern California that had dropped the military part a few years before I arrived. Nonetheless, we still endured (and, for a time, perpetuated) the military-style hazing and all that rot.

A favorite was called "scrubbing": if a 7th grader did not move aside and bow his head when an upperclassman passed, then a group of upperclassmen would grab the offending boy, carry/drag him to the bathroom, and "scrub" a toilet bowl with his head.

I learned to avoid upperclassmen very quickly.

I went to a public school in the San Francisco East Bay and your description of "scrubbing" was what the teachers used to do to 7th graders who were smart alecks.lol Actually, they didn't put our heads in the toilet, but they'd pull us across the table and butt our heads on the tabletop.lol There was no such thing as hazing amongst students, everyone fought back.lol
Then in the 10th grade there was James Powers wearing a Guess Jacket.:eek: in the desk in front of me.:eek:

Lincsong said:
I went to a public school in the San Francisco East Bay and your description of "scrubbing" was what the teachers used to do to 7th graders who were smart alecks.lol Actually, they didn't put our heads in the toilet, but they'd pull us across the table and butt our heads on the tabletop.lol There was no such thing as hazing amongst students, everyone fought back.lol:

I don't quite remember it that way around here in 7th grade. I think you went to below the tracks schools then. :p :eusa_doh:

Lincsong said:
Then in the 10th grade there was James Powers wearing a Guess Jacket.:eek: in the desk in front of me.:eek:

Yep, when you came to the civilized side of town there were things like fashion that didn't appeal to you but I think we have you on the right track now. :p I still have that jacket somewhere. Leather and denium, nothing quite like it. Pants to match too. :D I'd be careful if I were you I have pictures. lol

Regards,

J

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I don't quite remember it that way around here in 7th grade. I think you went to below the tracks schools then. :p :eusa_doh:

Yep, when you came to the civilized side of town there were things like fashion that didn't appeal to you but I think we have you on the right track now. :p I still have that jacket somewhere. Leather and denium, nothing quite like it. Pants to match too. :D I'd be careful if I were you I have pictures. lol

Regards,

J

Yeah, all the wimps went to your Jr. High. The teachers never played bounce the students head to the apple polishers. It took us to toughen you guys up, otherwise you'd be singing chorus at Finoccio's before it closed.lol In fact the only thing your Jr. High School had going for it was the women.:D Guess? is fashion? Hell, it was more like; "guess which way his wind blows". Go ahead, post any pictures you have of me, I'm photogenic. Hopefully you have one of me in the black leather jacket that your favorite teacher, Ms. Young, wanted to go for a ride on a motorcycle with.lol

Lincsong said:
Go ahead, post any pictures you have of me, I'm photogenic. Hopefully you have one of me in the black leather jacket that your favorite teacher, Ms. Young, wanted to go for a ride on a motorcycle with.lol

We'll see
Ms. Young?! One of my first brushes with an unreconstructed lefty hippie. Remember the ridiculous history paper assignments from that nut?! :eek:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
We'll see
Ms. Young?! One of my first brushes with an unreconstructed lefty hippie. Remember the ridiculous history paper assignments from that nut?! :eek:

Oh c'mon, she was just a left over beatnik.lol With Gladys her 8 foot tall plant that she engaged in conversation.:eek: Don't forget her table full of bells and the toy parrot that hung from Gladys.:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
:eusa_doh: Don't remind me. :eusa_doh:

She had that Dodge Dart with the dented rear end and I asked her when she was getting "Clyde's" rear end fixed and she responded; "how would you like it if someone told you your rear end needed to be fixed"lol

Marc Chevalier said:
I just fell asleep, that's all. ;)

Sure, you were waiting for pictures. Ok, here is one:
Paul-Vargas.jpg

Ok Linc, is is vintage or SuperFly? :p

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass