Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Aero relined an original A-2 I owned (actually they renovated it completely for me) and did a fantastic job. Somebody had stitched in nasty rayon lining, so out it went and replaced it with the contract specific mustard lining.You'd never have known that it was not part of the original jacket.

Asaha

Familiar Face
Does anyone of you had to tailor their sleeve width with SB (or any other company), or is it something they can do at all considering they use predefined patterns.

You can ask for a specific sleeve length as part of the order- no charge I assume. Note that some models might have slimmer sleeves/ higher armpit holes than others.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
SB will alter sleeve length according to your wishes as standard procedure. Jackets are modeled for someonee with 5'11" height, so depending on your height, you can take off or add a bit. I usually take off 0.5" because I am 5'9".

Asaha

Familiar Face
You can ask for a specific sleeve length as part of the order- no charge I assume. Note that some models might have slimmer sleeves/ higher armpit holes than others.
Sleeve length can be alerted they confirmed, wasn't sure of the slimmer sleeve though.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Asaha, sorry for the slight derail, last post i swear!

As Seb Lucas said, changing a lining can really leave marks if not done by a qualified person.
I don't want to send the jacket back to Dave because my purchase was overall a bad experience and i don't want to deal with him again, it would also be expensive to send the jacket back to the US.
To be honest i am not too bothered, i don't think i would wear it more if it had a better lining.

If I were you @Carlos840 I'd just sell it and be done with it.

It's a great looking jacket and I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer. Life is too short to waste on jackets you don't love.

If you still want a J-100 after that, there are a heap of great options these days, get something you want to wear. Sure you might lose a bit of money in the process but as it stands, the money in the DD is wasted anyway and you still don't have a jacket you want to wear.....that's a damn expensive jacket in my books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asaha

Familiar Face
I am very close to ordering the Detroit from SB in size 38. Fixed on Shinki HH brown.
I requested the cuff size , and Debs said it's 10" flat width. I'm assuming it's same as taking shirt's cuff button open and laid flat?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I am very close to ordering the Detroit from SB in size 38. Fixed on Shinki HH brown.
I requested the cuff size , and Debs said it's 10" flat width. I'm assuming it's same as taking shirt's cuff button open and laid flat?
I guess this is the perimeter of the cuff?

MRB1248

Familiar Face
I am going with the standard tartan. The stock tartan Debs sent wasn't too bad.
Good luck with your jacket. I just got mine yesterday, a SB Roadster in Chocolate Shinki, and it's absolutely amazing. I was always skeptical about Shinki, since it seemed to have a cult like following and I tend to just discount it. But...it's the nicest leather I've had on any of my jackets. And I've had Aero CXL Highwayman and Maxwell, and a SB Roadster in Clayton. I think it'll be my last jacket! (Buhahaha! I think I've said that three times already.)

Asaha

Familiar Face
Good luck with your jacket. I just got mine yesterday, a SB Roadster in Chocolate Shinki, and it's absolutely amazing. I was always skeptical about Shinki, since it seemed to have a cult like following and I tend to just discount it. But...it's the nicest leather I've had on any of my jackets. And I've had Aero CXL Highwayman and Maxwell, and a SB Roadster in Clayton. I think it'll be my last jacket! (Buhahaha! I think I've said that three times already.)
That's great. I ordered mine week and a half back on shank chocolate too. Post some pics when you get a chance. I was split between Italian steer hide and shinki, but finally decided because it feels. Btw, how long did it take to make the jacket?

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Your timing was perfect. I had to wait for them to get an order of Shinki, so I think it'll take a considerably less time for you. But, from build to delivery was only about 3 weeks total, keeping in mind I am in the US, so shipping too several days.
I'd guess that so long as they still had the leather in stock, you should have it really soon.
And go figure, mine got to me on the hottest day of the year after weeks of cold. But I will get some photos taken, hopefully tonight.

Asaha

Familiar Face
Your timing was perfect. I had to wait for them to get an order of Shinki, so I think it'll take a considerably less time for you. But, from build to delivery was only about 3 weeks total, keeping in mind I am in the US, so shipping too several days.
I'd guess that so long as they still had the leather in stock, you should have it really soon.
And go figure, mine got to me on the hottest day of the year after weeks of cold. But I will get some photos taken, hopefully tonight.
Mine got to production this week, so shouldn't take much longer. Can't wait to see that in all it's glory. :)
Enjoy your new jacket my friend and thanks for that shinki order..;)

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Mine got to production this week, so shouldn't take much longer. Can't wait to see that in all it's glory. :)
Enjoy your new jacket my friend and thanks for that shinki order..;)
My pleasure!

Now, here's a question for everyone here. How do we care for Shinki. I know CXL we can just beat on the leather, but Shinki seems a little too nice to toss onto the floor of my Jeep.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Just because it's high end, it's not less sturdy or more prone to damage than any other 3 oz leather. It's still a very substantial leather. I would treat it like any leather. Wear it all you like and condition it after 200 days of wear (which is a year to some, 15 years to others).

Edit: cannot wait to see pics of all these Shinki jackets.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Anyone has experience with SB's Clayton chrome tanned HH, Is it 4oz?
I have a Roadster in the Clayton. And I would say it's 3 oz, maybe a touch more. But, it is very stiff and take a ton to break in. Mine will still stand on its own even after a full year of wear.
It also has a very leathery smell, which may not bother most of us, but my wife hates it. Oh well, now that I have the Shinki I will wear it when she's not around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy