Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

DNO

One Too Many
Ain't that the truth, even their bus drivers. Watch the bus on the inside lane, and watch the pedestrian who nearly had to go home and change his pants.

That one wasn't Russian, GHT. It was, unfortunately, in Toronto (TTC=Toronto Transit Commission) and the driver was dismissed, I believe.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
156rar4.png

:eusa_clap ...:cheers1:...:israel:...:clap2:..:peace:..:rockon:...:cheer2::cheer2:

Rome? Some spots in Italy are a horror! And for obvious tourist it is even worse! We had a friend we had to rescue while he and his buddies were on a vacation to that part oif the world. They have some rather "odd" outside restrooms, and our friend went into one while the rest of the gang with him was waiting. They waited for about 25 minutes and decided they should have checked to see if anything was wrong? Yep....our friend, Mark, had been robbed at knife point, and they took everything....clothing and all. His passport, airfare ticket, hotel room key, everything. So they had no way to even get him out as they had nothing to "cover him" with. Eventually someone went to a Church building that was near, and came back with a old wool blanket, like a army blanket to wrap around Mark. As he was walking barefoot out of this area, people were looking at him, he had sort of long hair, and a beard...wrapped up looking a bit like Jesus! LOL! A Parish Priest was helping everyone get back to the Church building so the authorities could be notified and to figure out what to do in getting a new passport issued. They all commented on how walking across the street, drivers almost did run them all over, and the horn honking was to "get out of the way".....this was the second nasty event that had taken place in a few days, as before everyone was in Italy, they had been in London and had a run in with some "hooligans" there....but yes...Mr. Powers, some drivers in Rome will actually aim for you to make you jump or move out of their way...

Rome is indeed horrible for traffic and crossing streets but people watching when you don't have to cross a street is hilarious. They get in accidents and end up jumping out of the car to duke it out with the other driver while a crowd gathers to egg them on. lol lol A nice Chianti and a table with a good view is nice. ;p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That one wasn't Russian, GHT. It was, unfortunately, in Toronto (TTC=Toronto Transit Commission) and the driver was dismissed, I believe.
My mistake, sorry. Here in London, the bus drivers don't have too bad a reputation for aggressive driving, but some of our black cab taxi drivers scare the cr@p out of me. My old MG has a semi crash gearbox, you have to ease the first gear in. I was on the lights, they went from red to red & amber, and then to green, by which time the gear was engaged, but before I could pull away, cabby yelled out: "Ain't there a f***ing colour there that you like?"

My mistake, sorry. Here in London, the bus drivers don't have too bad a reputation for aggressive driving, but some of our black cab taxi drivers scare the cr@p out of me. My old MG has a semi crash gearbox, you have to ease the first gear in. I was on the lights, they went from red to red & amber, and then to green, by which time the gear was engaged, but before I could pull away, cabby yelled out: "Ain't there a f***ing colour there that you like?"

I would have a color change for him alright. :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's one of those things that shouldn't bother me, it's none of my business after all, but it does get right under my skin when parents go for some sort of creative name for their new baby. When the late Laura Bambrough reinvented herself as L'Wren Scott, it spawned so many sound-a-likes. There I was, trying to get used to parents calling their child: Sky, the name being genderless, when along come one of those L'Wren type names. Took me a while to decipher/translate/decode it. you take the word: 'undone,' you add a capital L followed by a possessive apostrophe, and you have: 'L'undone." Like I said, it took a while, but what you have burdened your child with, is an endless source of playground torture. Even if you had simply called them London, it would have given them a big disadvantage, but L'undone, puh-leaze, it's almost as bad as A Boy Named Sue.

F. J.

One of the Regulars
Tyranny: Ain't that what our forefathers was fightin' against?

It's one of those things that shouldn't bother me, it's none of my business after all, but it does get right under my skin when parents go for some sort of creative name for their new baby.[...]

I came across a girl a few weeks ago named “Tierney,” pronounced tyranny. I hope I don’t have to explain why that’s an awful name. . . .

[...] but L'undone, puh-leaze, it's almost as bad as A Boy Named Sue.
Great song, but I’d venture that it’s worse. At least “Sue” is a real name.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Just when I thought I have seen every thing while driving. I was at a stop sign in my truck, when I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw the guy in an old truck behind me eating. You are saying, "so what, I've seen that a million times," he was using chopsticks, and when I let of the brake, he fallowed me through with out stopping and with no hands on the steering wheel, just eating away! I decided it was the better part of velour to make a turn and get out of his way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou