Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

The guy appears to have been a global troll. He posted essentially the same thing on dozens of different forums, dealing with subjects ranging from football to Discordianism. I suspect he might in fact actually have been an adherent of the latter. Praise Eris.
I guess he hasn't gotten around to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Pastafarianism yet.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I've no idea who or what the guy was but he classified me as a "fertile brained rascal dog" so I can't fault his perspicacity. :D
Well it's as I previously said, if your argument is eloquent, articulate, intelligent and confirms an intellectual understanding, when you apply them to your response, it goes straight over the head. Answer, rant louder, throw in insults. Personally, I would be flattered if anyone thought my brain was fertile. You've got to love these "You're all going to Hell in a handcart," religions. You can't do this, you can't do that. You must do this, you must do that. Stop living a western pecuniary lifestyle. Sackcloth and ashes, that's the way to go, then when you reach paradise it all gets better. No sh*t Sherlock, it couldn't get much ****ing worse!

He pegged me as quite the swinger. Good grief, I make the accountants I work with look wild and crazy by comparison.
I hope that means that you sit on the kids swings at the recreation park. Not that I could think of another definition.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Well it's as I previously said, if your argument is eloquent, articulate, intelligent and confirms an intellectual understanding, when you apply them to your response, it goes straight over the head. Answer, rant louder, throw in insults. Personally, I would be flattered if anyone thought my brain was fertile. You've got to love these "You're all going to Hell in a handcart," religions. You can't do this, you can't do that. You must do this, you must do that. Stop living a western pecuniary lifestyle. Sackcloth and ashes, that's the way to go, then when you reach paradise it all gets better. No sh*t Sherlock, it couldn't get much ****ing worse!

I hope that means that you sit on the kids swings at the recreation park. Not that I could think of another definition.

Well, I used to swing dance. But my knees can't take the abuse anymore.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I see that the bigoted, God bothering thread has been closed, I was just beginning to enjoy it for the sport that it was. There's no sense in engaging with someone who rants, give them intellectual argument and they just rant louder. But I always find that if you give them enough rope, sooner or later they will hang themselves.

Man, what did I miss???

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
In a nutshell, someone was proselytizing that if you give up everything you enjoy to sit around chanting nonsense, you, too, can become enlightened enough to troll message boards and sling insults. And lose your sense of humor.

Reminds me of the summer of 2014 when vegan trolls were taking over comments sections in blogs I read. I started making a $1 donation to Heifer International for every post of theirs I read. Forty or fifty dollars later, they pretty much went away.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Considering my former profession, I'm thinking of a "Lusty Pig" t-shirt.
Making-Bacon.jpg

EngProf

Practically Family
All together now....."I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream."
This brings back a fond humorous memory...
We were at a major NHRA drag race - in late summer - hot as all get out... It was between rounds, so it was dead quiet... An ice cream vendor was down at the front walkway of the grandstand yelling "Ice Cream!" - "Ice Cream" - "Ice Cream" ---

At the back row a semi-drunk fellow stood up and yelled at the top of his lungs, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!", then took a bow and sat down.
It completely broke up the whole grandstand and he got an enthusiastic round of applause.

Every single thing in healthcare is broken.

We have Obamacare insurance and received an email from its "preferred pharmacy provider" to come in and get our "free" flu shot (that I only pay hundreds a month in premiums for a policy with a $7500 deductible, a tightly limited network of providers and an intentionally convoluted claim filing / pre-approval process).

But we walked over to the same CVS we have gotten our flu shot at for the past two years (when it opened). We are on the same insurance plan this year that we were on those two previous years.

The sincerely nice pharmacist, after fifteen minutes at the computer, told us the system is telling her we aren't covered, but said she knows we are. Unfortunately, despite her efforts (including calling some "resolution" area at CVS - another fifteen minutes gone) she couldn't give us the shot until the "issue" was resolved.

Kudos to her though, she stayed on it and when I called her later (as planned), she had made progress, but needed me to call CVS and work through the issue. That was a painful, "push 2, push 3, wait on hold for ten or so minutes to get to a live person" event. Once a live person picked up, another ten or so minutes of her taking information, putting me on hold, coming back, taking more info ensued. Finally, she said she had the problem "resolved -" some coding error (she didn't really want to tell me) - which required a "conference call" (I kid you not) to the pharmacist to complete the circle.

After all that, the next day, went over to the same pharmacy and pharmacist and, after some paper work, we got the shot.

So our "free" flu shot required two trips to the pharmacy, two phone calls (one long and exhausting) for a total lost time of about two hours.

Yup, healthcare is broken. Oh, and the great "mystery" of why, despite all the new whizbang digital tech, productivity in this economy is historically low can be answered with events like our flu shots. Talk to anyone - friend, neighbor, family member, mailman - and they will all tell you a similar story (and we all have several of them) that they went through.

Sure, some things are much easier, but here's the catch: they are only easier when they work. When they don't, we are out there on our own "fighting" the system to fix itself and solve our issue. It's time consuming and mentally exhausting and explains, IMHO, why productivity is low despite all this great technology.

Last edited:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
My sister-in-law is friends with someone who lost her husband while he was waiting for treatment from the VA. Personally, as a veteran, I've never set foot in a VA hospital.

When I was between regular employers last year, I got short-term major medical insurance. It was all I needed and the price was reasonable. When I completed my tax return through H&R Block online, the application said that kind of insurance counted as health insurance; Reason magazine said that the IRS wasn't going to enforce the health insurance requirement anyway.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
My sister-in-law is friends with someone who lost her husband while he was waiting for treatment from the VA. Personally, as a veteran, I've never set foot in a VA hospital.

I went through hell with the VA over college educational payments but Vietnam's GI Bill was a joke anyway.:confused:
As a VA patient, however, I have been treated like a prince and cannot complain about VA medical care.

I went through hell with the VA over college educational payments but Vietnam's GI Bill was a joke anyway.:confused:
As a VA patient, however, I have been treated like a prince and cannot complain about VA medical care.

Wow, I'm really, really glad and really, really surprised to hear about your VA care. The narrative is that VA care is terrible - glad at least some, like you, who have served and protect us (thank you so much, sincerely) are getting good care.

Wow, I'm really, really glad and really, really surprised to hear about your VA care. The narrative is that VA care is terrible - glad at least some, like you, who have served and protect us (thank you so much, sincerely) are getting good care.

My brother in law has worked in hospital care for many years, including with the VA. He says the VA is the single best health care he's ever seen, and that they cannot seem to give it away. He says they use less than half of their capacity. They want to provide more treatment but just can't get the patients.

My brother in law has worked in hospital care for many years, including with the VA. He says the VA is the single best health care he's ever seen, and that they cannot seem to give it away. He says they use less than half of their capacity. They want to provide more treatment but just can't get the patients.

That is great to hear as nobody deserves it more than our vets. I'm just surprised as the "narrative" in the news - both form the right and left - is that the VA system is broken (left wants more money / right wants to change the entire system - but neither claims it works).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot