Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some help with Aero Jackets.

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I'm going to order a Jacket from Aero soon, I want it for next fall/winter so I think I can get it if I order in the next month. I'm having a hard time deciding, I wish I could try some on. I have a Black Fqhh HWM in 46 which fits very well. (I posted pics a while back) I'm wanting a trimmer fit around the waist. If I reach around to my back and pinch a few inches of the jacket together it looks perfect. I like the 30's half belt front, but I don't like the shape of the back, how it gets narrow at the belt then gets wider at the bottom of the jacket. I don't want another HWM even if it's tailored the way I want because I don't want 2 of the same jacket. So dies anyone here know if I can ask for the 30's half belt front w/another style back, maybe the route 66. I just want the back to be v tapered all the way down you know. Does this make any sense?

I'm going to order a Jacket from Aero soon, I want it for next fall/winter so I think I can get it if I order in the next month. I'm having a hard time deciding, I wish I could try some on. I have a Black Fqhh HWM in 46 which fits very well. (I posted pics a while back) I'm wanting a trimmer fit around the waist. If I reach around to my back and pinch a few inches of the jacket together it looks perfect. I like the 30's half belt front, but I don't like the shape of the back, how it gets narrow at the belt then gets wider at the bottom of the jacket. I don't want another HWM even if it's tailored the way I want because I don't want 2 of the same jacket. So dies anyone here know if I can ask for the 30's half belt front w/another style back, maybe the route 66. I just want the back to be v tapered all the way down you know. Does this make any sense?
With Aero in flux, the best thing you could do is ask Holly those questions. We'd all be speculating, and that does you no good. Shoot her an email. And good luck. It's pretty exciting stuff :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You might also provide your body measurements to Holly as well since a 50's HB might work better tan a 30's for you with your body build, or you might even consider a longer jacket such a Teamster, Hercules, or LHB.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Have you considered the 20s HB? It might be worth holding off making a decision til the start of April, as they're rolling out a load of new designs then.

majormajor

One Too Many
Have you considered the 20s HB? It might be worth holding off making a decision til the start of April, as they're rolling out a load of new designs then.

Hi Fanch/Craig.

The OP said he doesn't like the HB back design. He's asking for an HB front with a different back.;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ahh, apologies, I thought the three-panel thing might be more acceptable. Definitely hold off til April then. :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Hi Fanch/Craig.

The OP said he doesn't like the HB back design. He's asking for an HB front with a different back.;)

I think the OP was alluding specifically to the 30's shape that is somewhat different than the 50's design. I do think that Sloan's thought of waiting until April to see Aero's new designs bears watching.

majormajor

One Too Many
I think the OP was alluding specifically to the 30's shape that is somewhat different than the 50's design. I do think that Sloan's thought of waiting until April to see Aero's new designs bears watching.

Hi Fanch

The OP said " I don't like the shape of the back, how it gets narrow at the belt then gets wider at the bottom of the jacket". That pretty much discounts every HB design;)

I know exactly what you mean. In this pic, see how I asked for this to be tailored. Note the "V" shape, with no blousing at the beltline. I agree, I don't like that look either.
Ventura_03.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
An alternative would be a Cafe Racer, maybe with a Highwayman collar, assuming that Aero would agree to that modification.

leonardo1972

New in Town
I have a 48 cafe racer in brown for sale on eBAY. Why wait four months from AERO? This fits small so it should fit you and you won't have the problems you had with the HB...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner