Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Song lyrics you messed up as a kid

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
AC/DC never did record a song that went:
"Dirty deeds and a dunder Jeep."

OR

"dirty deeds and a thunder chief." which was my alternate interpretation.

:eek:

-Viola

LOL! So funny that so many people heard "thunder chief." It's actually "Dirty deeds, and-a done dirt cheap." That's probably the ONE song I got right from the start. lol

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
Oh- and:

... I'm still, I'm still Jennifer Le Blanc.

Another nice name.

B
T
I can't figure out what this song is. Please enlighten.
For me, in Enter Sandman he sang "Exit right. Enter night." As in satge directions. Still makes more sense to me. In fact I called the song Exit Right for years until one day I was watching TV and I had closed captioning on and it was in a commercial for a new TV show.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
patrick1987 said:
I can't figure out what this song is. Please enlighten.
For me, in Enter Sandman he sang "Exit right. Enter night." As in satge directions. Still makes more sense to me. In fact I called the song Exit Right for years until one day I was watching TV and I had closed captioning on and it was in a commercial for a new TV show.

Jenny from the Block - Jennifer Lopez

...Don't be fooled by these rocks that I got,
I'm still (I'm still) Jenny from the Block...

BegintheBeguine

I thought it was Exit Lines and sang it that way in an open jam my band was playing in. Oh, well. Still makes sense.
I STILL don't know the correct words to the song by Arthur Lee and Love: and then you wake up in the morning, find your boyfriend dead. I don't remember the name of the song, either, as the album is buried in a pile and I only listen to it (constantly) on tape. I'm not good with names of songs. Any 60s music fans who can help me, or perhaps those are the lyrics? :p EDIT: Answered my own question by listening to the record, not the cassette. The song is, of course, Can't Explain and you wake up in the morning and find your poor self dead. If anyone cares.
In King's Lead Hat my brother and I always just sang whatever we thought he was singing, as in He takes his monocle instead of He takes his Modicate, and the rest which no one seems to be able to decipher, but apparently Eno made up lyrics as he went along so who knows?

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Thank you, Carebear. I've never heard that song. Now I can go on record as saying I prefer Jennifer Le Blanc. She's younger and more talented than Jennifer Lopez.

Rafter

Suspended
The Beatles: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
The real lyrics are:
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

But I misheard them as:
The girl with colitis goes by.

Carl Carlton: Bad Mamma Jamma
The real lyrics are:
She's a bad mamma jamma.

But I misheard them as:
She has batman's pajamas.

carebear

Fleur De Guerre said:
You'd have to be a pretty bad mama to get Batman's jammies off him...I don't think he'd give them up without a fight, and you know how that would go!

If Batman's a "real man", like me, he doesn't wear pajamas. ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
When my wife was a kid she thought the song was "Oh, a Tree in Motion".
This isn't exactly a song, but when I was little I used to say "Our father, who art in heaven, Harold is thy name."

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
If Batman's a "real man", like me, he doesn't wear pajamas. ;)
They're NOT pajamas. They're woolly underwear.

b046c76f16dbeb9792a50fbfd7a7dbaf.jpeg

Now this is vintage, Fedora Lounge Batman. (1943, if you must know.)
Just check out the high armholes, and the waist on those trunks!

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Elton John

Of course there are these Elton classics that we always sing incorrectly on purpose ...

Hold me closer Tony Danza ... Count the headlice on the highway
and
Those are the sweetest guys, I've ever seen

And Eddie Money
I've got, two crickets to paralyze ... won't you pack a bag of leaves tonight

Twitch

Ah yes, it was the late 60s and the bikini bar I frequented often played a Creedance Clearwater tune called Bad Moon Rising. The lyrics partially went:
"Don't go 'round tonight, well it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise." Many people originally mistook it for "There's a bathroom on the right," which is how we'd sing it even when we knew better.

A couple years ago when John Fogerty finally began doing Creedance tunes in his performances again he sang it the wrong way for a TV performance on purpose.lol

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
When I was a kid I'd sing the "Bat Masterson" theme song when it came on and for a long time I thought he wore a cane and dirty hat. My grandfather finally heard me singing it and started laughing and told me what a derby was.

I can't even begin to tell you the lyrics I've messed up.

I think the most examples in one song would be "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. Great tune, but hard to figure out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland