Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for Goat Leather

AEH

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen,
I am in the process of having a half belt jacket made by a lady who has been working whit leather for a long time, mostly roe, deer, moose and calf. (She lives on a small island which have the densest population of roe-deer in all of Norway, and she has a deal with the farmers for taking care of the hides after the fall hunt). Her work is of very high quality , but I want my jacket made of goat, and she can do that. But it seems impossible to find a supplier of high quality goat leather here in Norway. If anyone have a suggestion for a source that will supply good quality leather for one single jacket, I will be very grateful.
You can see some of the her work here.

(Tried searching the Lounge, but did not find anything)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Contact a jacket maker to find out their source. Only way to know if it is good.

Goat mainly comes from Pakistan. Do you want veg or chrome dyed and what thickness. Get your specs sorted frist.

Fishmeok may be able to advise. Or contact Aero or Goodwear.

AEH

One of the Regulars
... Since '45 Norway is no longer considered as Greater Germany...;)

Good luck and keep us updated!

And are we happy about that! (One of my uncles in the resistance was shot, another one incarcerated for 4 years. But that was by the bad Germans :( ). And we still respect the high quality of German products :)

When the jacket is finished, I will absolutely post pictures. Probably in early fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW