Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Special Thanks To----

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
First of all to MK, for starting this site a few years ago. Without it none of the knowledge made available here would have been made so public.

Second to Panamabob for opening the door to the real world of Panama hats and making them affordable to many more people.

Third to Art Fawcett for his skills and depth of knowledge in both hat making and vintage fedora's and who provides his services here to all who ask. We anxiously await his return.

And 4th to Fedora, (Steve Delk) for uncovering many secrets of the hat world in regards to the fur felt fedora, and providing a top quality fedora at a very low price.

High quality hats can now be purchased at a price more people can afford. This post is not and was not meant to be a slam at any other hatter or vendor. However we are all learning that the mark up on Panama's and fur felt fedora's is tremendous. Now more people can afford and enjoy a super high quality hat without the super high prices.

My personal thanks to all 4 of you gentlemen.

regards fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett

Very good post Fedoralover but I think we would be Remiss if we did not mention Art Fawcett in the same vain I know he has helped so many of us here. :cheers1:

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
fedoralover said:
Now more people can afford and enjoy a super high quality hat without the super high prices.

Yes, but sadly, we still have to pay the super high prices if we want to buy a piece of crap :p

Seriously though, yeah! Thanks guys!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
You are right Sharptoys and I apologize for that omission. I've modified my original post.

And to Kentucky blues, what do you mean? That's what this post is all about, with the above mentioned people we at the lounge DON'T HAVE TO BUY the crap at super high prices!

regards, fedoralover

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW...what a pleasant surprise to come home to and find!!
Thank you Fedoralover, it will be time for your services in about another month. I finally broke ground on my hat shop and hope to be moving equipment in early October.
Thank you all who posted to this thread. I am humbled by your statements.

Art

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Art Fawcett said:
WOW...what a pleasant surprise to come home to and find!!
Thank you Fedoralover, it will be time for your services in about another month. I finally broke ground on my hat shop and hope to be moving equipment in early October.
Thank you all who posted to this thread. I am humbled by your statements.

Art

Of course, today it dawned on me that you won't likely be up and running in time for us to order new winter hats?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's what it looks like Sir!! I really am sorry that the construction is taking longer than it should, but isn't that the way?
The bright side is that i will be able to spend my FULL time making and renovating hats and thats a welcome change.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
The bright side is that i will be able to spend my FULL time making and renovating hats and thats a welcome change.

...and that is indeed good news for those of us yet to experience a master at his craft! I for one am standing in line! :cheers1:

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Good deal

Art Fawcett said:
That's what it looks like Sir!! I really am sorry that the construction is taking longer than it should, but isn't that the way?

Does it mean any hats I send you this winter will be ready for wear in the winter of 06 and 07? LOL ;)
Dusty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy