• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Spiewak & Sons

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Havana, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Havana

Havana One of the Regulars

Hi, I recently saw a couple of great looking, new G-1's at a local Army Surplus store. They appeared to be made to military specs and definitley had a nice military snug fit. The tag was labeled Spiewak and Sons. I believe they were out of New York. Is anyone familiar with this manufacturer? I did quick web search and couldn't find much.

2. The company actually made contract A-2s during WW2-

B
    T

3. jake431

jake431 Practically Family

Yep - and they make pretty high quality repros for the Japanese market. But not exactly like their WW2 issue ones which is too bad - same company, still family owned - they have the patterns, but they won't make them from the patterns because people are different now, which is too bad cause the best fitting original A-2 I've ever worn was a Spiewak.

-Jake

4. MudInYerEye

MudInYerEye Practically Family

Occasionally Kaufmann's Army Navy on 42nd Street will have a few of the Spiewak-Japan items. The B-10 and B-15a are not too shabby and were priced reasonably at around $150-$175, but they aren't in the same league as McCoy's or Rickson's.

5. jake431

I really wanted one of their B-15A's to kick around in, but when I contacted Spiewak they said they weren't available.

-Jake

6. MudInYerEye

MudInYerEye Practically Family

Jake,
    Next time I'm near 42nd St I'll stop by and see if they have any left in a 44 or 46 if you are interested.

7. jake431

That would be great, thanks!
    -Jake

8. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange My Mail is Forwarded Here

9. johnnyjohnny

johnnyjohnny Practically Family

spiewak and sons...here's one to look at

i found a spiewak and sons, probably 70s-90s military spec reissue. nice pix:

http://casablancawatch.com/watches/under500view.asp?wid=230

seems they were indeed u.s. world war 2 contractors, but do not seem to make a-2s anymore as i googled them and could find no a-2s in their catalog. anyone know where to find these japanese spiewak a-2s online? i'd like one

johnnyjohnny