Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stand up and be counted

Where do you live?

• USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Central- and South America

• Europe

• Middel East

• Far East

• Down Under (N.Z. included)

• Other???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Samsa

Marc Chevalier said:
Born in Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

I never knew! Did you go to college in Michigan?

lindylady said:
Born and raised in small-town Youngstown, Ohio. Moved out to Washington, DC to go to school. Been here for almost 3 years.

My father and his entire side of the family is from Youngstown, OH, and I've spent many a weekend there. I'd be curious to hear whether or not you liked it.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Born in Plantation, Florida. Lived in a couple of different cities in Florida before moving to Texas 23 years ago. Then lived in Peaster, and Weatherford, before moving to Fort Worth in 1997, where I've been ever since.

My entire family is from Worcester, Massachusetts, and most still live in those parts.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I've lived in the small town of Elkton, Ky. all my life. I'm bein' squeezed out though...the population keeps growing at a tremendous rate, land prices are way more than I can afford. I have my eye just west of the Mississippi where the population density is about half (or even less) what it is here. I'm like Daniel Boone. I need elbow room.;)

I've lived all me life in eastcentral HoosierLand...not too far from the Scottish in Lafayette. Except for a stint at Ft Knox,Paintucky and Ft. Puke,Louseyana(but just love Cajuns and their cookin)...along with many summers beachhoused in St.Augustine,Fla.
I would love to own a cottage on Isle Of The Palms and a vintage courtyarded 2 story in Charleston on the bay. Shrimp and those creamy buttery saucelike LowCountry grits served every day when I grew tired of Sausage and red beans and rice. Vodka Presbyterians slowsipped under the breezy shade of a chunky palm.
HD
Perhaps I would summer in Other...er..I mean..Canada!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
J. M. Stovall said:
Maybe it should have been North America instead of the US?
You're right. It should have been North America!!!!
But I hope you people can cope with that, after I have excused in public that I forgot to mention the great country of Canada.
I am only glad that the italians, the spaniards and the dutch and the swedes are not after my head too, for putting them together as Europeans.
Not to mention the fins and the hungarians...
And I also forgot AFRICA!!!!!:eek: And INDIA!!!!:eek: :eek:
Thats why I work in the creativ depatment and not on the accountside.[huh]

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
Born in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. Spent my small fry years in Detroit, Chicago, Alameda and Newark (San Francisco Bay area). Moved to Los Angeles when I was 5. Lived in Berkeley ("Berzerkely") in 1985-'86, and in Chile from '95-'96 and '98-'05. Currently, I'm back in Los Angeles ... "for my sins."

Ever go to Traverse City, Marc? My hometown.

dean

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I'm a Kiwi of Dutch/Scotish/Irish/Anglo extraction and I live in the UK. I like to mix it up a bit!
I was born in a place called Lower Hutt which is just north of Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand. Great place to live, Old Wellington but you have to get out and see the world. :)

doghouse

One of the Regulars
I'm originally from Dallas, Texas. I've lived in this lame town off and on for ten years, alternating with South Padre Island, Texas. (Theres a HUGE difference in the two towns, haha) I hope to be moving to Portland, Oregon when tax time comes around. *crosses fingers*

carebear

doghouse said:
I'm originally from Dallas, Texas. I've lived in this lame town off and on for ten years, alternating with South Padre Island, Texas. (Theres a HUGE difference in the two towns, haha) I hope to be moving to Portland, Oregon when tax time comes around. *crosses fingers*

You want to go pay more taxes? [huh]

Wait, I got it, you're tired of pumping your own gas. :D

carebear

When I went on a road trip from Seattle I almost got in a wrestling match over the gas nozzle with the attendant in a town in Oregon. I thought he was some kind of (well-dressed looking back) panhandler who was gonna hit me up for a tip or something.

Fortunately for me, the guy took a step back and explained the law to me. Prevented jailarity from ensuing. :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
When I went on a road trip from Seattle I almost got in a wrestling match over the gas nozzle with the attendant in a town in Oregon. I thought he was some kind of (well-dressed looking back) panhandler who was gonna hit me up for a tip or something.

Fortunately for me, the guy took a step back and explained the law to me. Prevented jailarity from ensuing. :D
lol lol lol lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:

Sounds like Jersey, the state that cleverly positions toll booths on all borders so you pay for the privilege of leaving.

Viola

olive bleu

One Too Many
Well SPITFIRE, i don't know if all the other Canadians are mad at you for leaving Canada out of the poll, but i have sufficiently recovered:D

I was born & raised on a tiny island in the North Atlantic, off the coast of Newfoundland. I have also lived in Winnipeg,Manitoba and Montreal, Quebec. I now live in Halifax, Nova Scotia.Need I say, I fantasize about moving to Hawaii?lol

panamag8or

Practically Family
Am I all by myself here in Florida?:(

Born in Gainesville, and lived in Panama City for the last 10 years. I can't wait to get back to Gainesville. I miss my Gators!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou