Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars And Their Cars

redlinerobert

One of the Regulars
Greetings Redliner et all:
ANY shot in a 55 Porsche is famous!!
Where is it now?
Be well. Bowen

I sold it to the son of a prominent restaurant chain owner from Mexico. He bought it for his father as a gift. They were very nice, drove up with a trailer and took it back home. I'm sure you've seen their restaurant's bumper sticker on the back of college aged kids vehicles. And some probably older....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Rowan Atkinson landed his insurance company with a £910,000 repair bill after crashing his beloved McLaren F1 supercar, it has emerged.

rowan-atkinson.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that's supposed to be the hard-stunt car. The one in the show was the hero car.

Although the hero car, it was put through its paces and was used in the big chase sequence. The passenger door was badly damaged near the end of the chase scene shooting, and has about 40 extra lbs of bondo in it, due to the need for a quick repair.

redlinerobert

One of the Regulars
If you Google something like weird Mini's or Mini conversions, you will find some really incredible projects.
Check this one out.

I can appreciate the work, but not quite my speed. Having owned a few fun cars in my life, this is a car I'd like to have at some point. There are a couple companies that make very good reproductions of this car. Cost is in the 6 figures, but an original is in the 8 figure range at this point. Jaguar XKSS.
18nc9pqclghb8jpg.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Jaguar was in the right place, at the right time, with the right designers, when fifties fins gave way to sixties curves. The XKSS was, of course, Jaguars road going version of The D-Type. It's only speculation, but I have often wondered if the demand for the XKSS surprised the powers that be at Jaguar. It certainly gave them the spur that they needed to produce the E-Type.
If you have a flavour for earlier Jaguars, nearer the era, you could turn this Mk IV into a real beauty. It's on E-Bay for £15K. In mint condition they realise £130K. Can you wield the spanners?

3fingers

One Too Many
Jaguar was in the right place, at the right time, with the right designers, when fifties fins gave way to sixties curves. The XKSS was, of course, Jaguars road going version of The D-Type. It's only speculation, but I have often wondered if the demand for the XKSS surprised the powers that be at Jaguar. It certainly gave them the spur that they needed to produce the E-Type.
If you have a flavour for earlier Jaguars, nearer the era, you could turn this Mk IV into a real beauty. It's on E-Bay for £15K. In mint condition they realise £130K. Can you wield the spanners?
Very nice. I wonder what transportation would set you back from there to here?
Like Robert, I fear I lack the time and patience for that at this point.

I can appreciate the work, but not quite my speed. Having owned a few fun cars in my life, this is a car I'd like to have at some point. There are a couple companies that make very good reproductions of this car. Cost is in the 6 figures, but an original is in the 8 figure range at this point. Jaguar XKSS.
18nc9pqclghb8jpg.jpg

He packed a lot of living - and a lot of cool - into his short 50 years on this planet.

And, holy cow, that is a gorgeous car. It looks like (1) it's angry in a "don't ef with me" way and (2) it's in motion even standing still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner