Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 4X Rancher Silver Belly Size 7 7/8!~ Lower Price

MJL

One of the Regulars
I am doing some cleaning around the house and have decided to move some of my better hats to make room for some new ones.

This is a Stetson Silver Belly Rancher 4X Beaver Felt hat. The size is the ever hard to find 7 7/8.

This is a great hat, indeed a fantastic hat. I love fur felt hats and Stetson does a great job with their fur Cowboy hats. This hat is sure to please and is amazingly high quality. I bought it a few years back as old stock but never got around to wearing it. Living in Southern Florida I have decided that felt Cowboy style hats just do not work for me. I much prefer straw style Cowboy hats so this one and another to come, are up for sale. Next to trying this one out I cannot recall wearing this one afield. There are a few small finger smudges on this hat with the most prominent being on the rear of the brim. These appear to be shop smudges as this hat spent its time with me in its box.

Price: $75 plus $10 shipping. Insurance is optional. I accept PayPal but the buyer must pay 4% to cover their costs.

PRICE LOWERED TO $50 PLUS SHIPPING. 30.12.08

d7082c3c.jpg

eef71db7.jpg

d7082c3c.jpg

d81d6eec.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Interesting. An excellent hat at a very fair price, but I'm afraid it would be too large for me.

I bought this Stetson some time ago. It is a Rancher that was issued by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sometime back in the sixties. Its a size 7 3/4 and, although I have to buy most vintage hats in that size, this particular one is quite large on me.

JackiesTesters134-1.jpg

JackiesTesters139-2.jpg

AF

MJL

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the compliments. I have a few more hats to sell but want to move this one first. I am way below my costs on this hat at this price so I cannot really bring it any lower than what it is posted at right now and to be frank I am looking for cash. I am going to take this to ebay soon but I wanted to give the members here a shot at this hat first.

I too have noticed all cowboy type hats seem to fit larger than Fedora's on my head. I am dead on at 7 7/8 (63)with a fedora but with can often take a cowboy hat a size lower with ease. This particular hat does seem to fit on the larger size. I reckon it could easily fit on a size 8 head. I have recently lost some weight and my wife commented that I must have lost weight in my fat head (is that possible?). I do not remember this hat feeling as loose as it does now but I did not really have this hat on my head for too long in the past. Just my thoughts; I wonder if cowboy hats fit larger because they tend to have more felt in them and bear down in a greater fashion, or are the sized on a different mould? Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

MJL

One of the Regulars
Atticus Finch said:
Interesting. An excellent hat at a very fair price, but I'm afraid it would be too large for me.

I bought this Stetson some time ago. It is a Rancher that was issued by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sometime back in the sixties. Its a size 7 3/4 and, although I have to buy most vintage hats in that size, this particular one is quite large on me.

JackiesTesters134-1.jpg

JackiesTesters139-2.jpg

AF

AF,

That is a heck of a hat. I would loke to find one like that one day...when I get more cash in my pockets! Does it have a badge hole in the front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats