Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Nostalgia"? (now with pics)

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
The future?

Let's hope the interest in this great looking hat (me included)brings about more people selling the same style and with more options eg. bound/raw edge more colours etc.Oh and a wind trolley we don't want it blowing away ten minutes after we first wear it!:eek:

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

scotrace said:
Impressions? Would we like it? Value?

I think they got it right. The sample is a wonderful shade of grey. It is not too light and not too dark. I love grey hats but I have a hard time finding a great hat in a medium grey.

The crown is nice, straight block with a good size brim.

You can get a better hat from a custom hatter...but not at this price. I think they will serve well the segment of the market that won't spend over $200 for a hat.....and that is most people. We are the exception.;)

The sample is not my size so they are sending me one to wear so that I can put it through the paces. I asked for a bound edge brim, a white liner and a brown sweat band. I know that would be well received here.

It should be here in a couple of days. I will post more then.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am interested in this hat also, especially one with a 2 5/8 bound brim. I've been watching this thread for several days. Any new developments? Thanks.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
You can order these from Aaron's hats.:eusa_clap
I thought Besdor was working on the "new" Nostalgia that would resemble a whippet? I hope this comes through cos this would the closest I could come to a Stetson Whippet with my 7 5/8.:eusa_doh:

carldelo

One Too Many
Different styles

The Bencraft version of the Nostalgia will be different than the stock version at getahaton.com. To the best of my recollection, the Bencraft version will have a 2-1/2" brim with 6 ligne edge binding, along with a slightly narrower ribbon, I think it was 19 ligne vs. 22 ligne in the stock hat. The last I heard, it was expected sometime in the fall.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carldelo said:
The Bencraft version of the Nostalgia will be different than the stock version at getahaton.com. To the best of my recollection, the Bencraft version will have a 2-1/2" brim with 6 ligne edge binding, along with a slightly narrower ribbon, I think it was 19 ligne vs. 22 ligne in the stock hat. The last I heard, it was expected sometime in the fall.
Yes, that's the one I am hoping for!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MDphoto said:
:eek:fftopic:

BobC, what has is that in your avatar? Thats nice lookin'!!

MD, that one is the NOS Stetson Royal Stetson I won from Johnnyphi's auction a couple of weeks ago. It is the nicest hat I own at the moment. I really can't praise it enough. It's older than I am and in better shape to boot.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eek: :eek:

Thank you, by the way.

I'm interested in one of those hats too, Mr. Besdor. Will you keep us posted when you have them available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace