Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Nostalgia"? (now with pics)

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Actually, I look better in a wider brim and would prefer 2 3/4, but I'd buy a 2 5/8 as well. Close enough, I say. :)

The idea here is to get enough of us wanting the same brim width and color to make up that magic number of 24 to get the ball rolling! :eusa_clap

Did I miss something here? Is this already available somewhere with a 2 1/2" brim and we're just chatting about an additional variant with a 2 5/8" brim??

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I missed it as well, Stan, at first.

A glance back at the thread varifies that 24 is the required minimum for a color change.
There is also talk of a brim width alternative, which might be reliant on the number of orders as well.

Looks like the details are still clarifying on this interesting new direction from Stetson.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Oddly enough, it was a re-reading of the thread that confused me. I saw a quote regarding someone having bought one. That was 10 years ago, I see now.

I also saw references to a 2 1/2" brim, that's the one from Arron Hats, coming up in June.

So, now we're 'tossing our hat into the ring', so to speak for one with a 2 5/8 welted brim. My toss still stands. ;)

I'm un-confused now. :D

Stan

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
You're unconfused now?

Cool, that must feel - I don't know,... empowering. Yeah.

I'm hiding behind you for the rest of this thread.:D

Earp

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to add my vote to the list here as I'm very interested in purchasing this hat in a 2 5/8 inch brim width and in a gray color. This looks like a great hat.

Earp

One of the Regulars
I guess "Caribou" is a gray color, right? It looks like it in the picture of the one at the site mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

metropd

One Too Many
Speaking as the master of repetitively buying grey hats with bluish tints, yes, it is. It is a mid grey with a slight bluish tint. Perfect color for my next hat.lol

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
While we're on the subject of a current Stetson, what ever happened to HATCO? The guy who was posting here for a brief period, not the company. Wonder if we scared him off with a deluge of requests for information? :D Of if he was told to lay off? Or just got busy?

Just wondering...

Cheers,
Tom
(From my son's house in Middletown...)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I had dinner with the production manager of Stetson on Thursday. We are working on a 2 5/8: brim with either a welted or bound edge hat with an open crown. Getting them to do anything different is hard.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Are there going to be any other brim widths besides 2 5/8? I like 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 and I like welted edges, which are so hard to get on a new hat these days.

Ande1964

Practically Family
besdor said:
I had dinner with the production manager of Stetson on Thursday. We are working on a 2 5/8: brim with either a welted or bound edge hat with an open crown. Getting them to do anything different is hard.

Great news... thanks! Add me to the list of buyers if that comes to pass.

Anj

metropd

One Too Many
Atterbury Dodd said:
Are there going to be any other brim widths besides 2 5/8? I like 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 and I like welted edges, which are so hard to get on a new hat these days.

What are you talking about? Everbody does tons of 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 brims.[huh] This does not need to be another!

I am very happy Steven has goten the guys at Stetson to do this for us. I will of course buy one.

Earp

One of the Regulars
besdor said:

Steven,
Thanks for your help with trying to get this special hat made. I hope it works out. I'm looking forward to buying one.
--Wyatt--

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I think that the new hat will work better with a bound edge, to look like the old "Whippet" hat from the 1940's. It seems that to make a hat with a brim bigger than 2 1/2" with a welted edge means using a bigger body . This willl increase the price.
I have also been trying the same styling with Biltmore but they are having financial problems so I'm not sure that is the right way to go . It would be terrible to place an order with them only to find out that the hat cant be made. At least you know that Hatco isn't going out of business!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff