Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Open Road

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It was a good find indeed, but if I may gloat it wasn't as nice as the borsalino I had found a week earlier for $4.49 in another Goodwill. Sometimes you just hit it right at those stores and find a real treasure.

regards fedoralover

Originally posted by fedoralover
it wasn't as nice as the borsalino I had found a week earlier for $4.49 in another Goodwill. Sometimes you just hit it right at those stores and find a real treasure.

$4.49!? Now you are killing me. :eek: Geez, maybe I can look at the obituaries and see if they correspond to estate sales and get a few deals like that. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Homburg!? Who is running that museum? LOL
You are right. That is an open crown Open Road. These are the best to find because you can block them any way you want and there is not previous "block memory" to deal with.
A Stetson 100 would be quite a find at a thrift store though. They cost $100 in the 1950's. That is nearly $700 for a hat today! I doubt someone would just dump it off at the thrift store but I have seen worse. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The hat is the color silver belly. One of the most common Stetson colors. Sort of an oatmeal tan. The current Stetson company makes most of their cowboy hats in the color, following what the original company used to do... alot of other companies use the color as well.

Looks like a work hat color to me. I wear it as a beater, just plop it on my head without a worry... I flip the brim down now and again, though I like the rakish look with the fedora pinch and the brim up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn