Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores in Cleveland...

fatwoul

Practically Family
I've seen people on here asking for recommendations of stores in DC, so I'm hoping this thread isn't naughty. If it is, just delete it and accept my apologies.

I'm probably going to be in Cleveland some time this year, so it would be a nice chance to visit a "proper" hat store.

Anybody have any recommendations? I've only been able to find mention of one place anyway, and even that doesn't have any reviews so I don't know if it's worth a visit.

I won't have a car, so anywhere a long way outside the city will be hard to reach.

Any recommendations?

Thanks everyone

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Cleveland is home to Mike The Hatter. I believe that this is the only store there. The selection is good but they changed ownershio a little while ago so I dont know the new owner. But they do have a website , so when you are there , check them out.

Steven

fatwoul

Practically Family
Thanks Steven - I think that's who I found before, but now I have looked they do appear to have a big selection, so I'll look them up when I go.

ronin

New in Town
Mike the hatter is good to go to, with a broad selection and a helpful crew (you might be the only one in the store).

Don't expect a hat box when you buy- maybe they expect you to wear it out. I had to ask for a plastic bag, as it was raining outside.

As of a year ago there was another hat shop a few doors down toward public square, but it was a little more urban-oriented.

Do patronize the local shops every chance you get.

fatwoul

Practically Family
ronin said:
...Do patronize the local shops every chance you get.

Will do - thanks for the heads up about boxes. I'll be travelling home with anything I get, so really a box wouldn't be so important (I'll be wearing any hat I get back through the flight to keep it safe from the aircraft hold!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Yes Mike the Hatter is the only store in town for hats. Should be on Prospect Avenue, right downtown if they haven't moved. You might want to check out the shops in Tower City, (The Terminal Tower) and the museums in University Circle, especially the art museum, are quite good.

HatNPipe

New in Town
There was another store in Cleveland besides Mike the Hatter, on the same street actually. About two or three blocks down. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name- I was there last about three years ago? If you step out of Mike's store, go right and down a few blocks.

Russ

One of the Regulars
This brings back good memories. I used to work in Cleveland in the Standard building back in the late 70s. I couldn't say where the hat stores were but I could tell you where you could find a hotdog at lunch time.

MikeS

New in Town
Here are the two hat shops/renovators we have listed for Cleveland.

The Bill Taylor Hat Co Inc
728 Prospect Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115
(216) 621-3274

Mike the Hatter
645 Prospect Ave
Cleveland, OH 44115
(800) 926-5567

We also have one listing for Cincinatti.

Batsakes Bros
1 W 6th ST
Cincinatti, OH 45202
(513) 721-9345

Our listings are subject to change so don't shoot the messenger!

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters