Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style master and Fedora

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I`d like to know if anyone knows how much softer the Fedora (hatsdirect, may be called Sydney in US?) felt is? I find the Style master a little rough, but now that I have shaped it to my liking (pointed front), I`m beginning to like it. I`d like a softer hat though...

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
I can't compare the two since I only have the Sydney, but I can't imagine anyone calling it rough. It's a very soft felt.

Spellflower

Practically Family
I tried on a Stylemaster at The Hattery, but just didn't like the style, so I went with a Federation. When I got back to the States, I wanted something a bit smaller, so I bought a Fedora. I don't remember the feel of the felt on the Stylemaster. My Fedora is definitely softer than my Federation, but not as soft as some of my nicer vintage hats, which is probably attributable to its being made from rabbit rather than beaver. The Fedora/Sydney is probably the softest hat Akubra makes, and is definitely different felt from their more outdoorsy hats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran