Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Superfluous and Butte, check in Please

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Hope all of our S CA members are OK. Otter, when I was in N Scotland last July, one of our tour guides described 100 mph winds with rain and ice coming in from right angles rather than from overhead. He said often this time of year that Scots need to stay indoors since a shingle from a roof can be blown off and decapitate someone. :eek:

Thanks guys! Yeah, crazy. Friends down the road got evacuated. Dad was here from wine country but just bailed as his wife is alone at their ranch and another huge storm incoming.
Crazy place SoCal. We got destroyed in the '94 Northridge quake so I guess I'm overdue for some carnage.
As of today, we're good but wet!!!
Cheers friends. Means a lot that anyone gives a damn.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! Yeah, crazy. Friends down the road got evacuated. Dad was here from wine country but just bailed add is wife is Skinner at their ranch and another huge storm incoming.
Crazy place SoCal. We got destroyed in the 94 Northridge quake so I guess I'm overdue for some carnage.
As of today, we're good but wet!!!
Cheers friends. Means a lot that anyone gives a damn.
Glad you're OK too Scott. You guys in SoCal have it all: Torrential rainfall, mudslides, earthquakes, raging forest fires, scorching heat, etc. :eek: During the one year we lived in LA (Malibu), I experienced all of the things I just listed. In November 1973 while I was in Chicago being examined by the American Board of Otolaryngology, my wife and kids had to evacuate our house due to a raging forest fire. Overall though, one of the best years of my life! :cool:

L.A. didn't do it for me when we visited. Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Morro Bay and points North were much more to our tastes. Sorry Los Angelinos.
Don't be sorry. That's why my dad and his wife moved up north. Much nicer, IMHO. But I'm here for now...until I get get my wife to leave LA. Sadly, both of us have work here - she's in "the industry" so options are limited - although she may be going to Aussie land soon...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The key to success if living in the LA basin is to live walking distance from the beach where it is cooler and you don't have to see the air you breathe. Still earthquakes and mudslides though, as well as traffic on the Santa Monica Freeway from Malibu to 3rd and Alvarado.

Peacoat

Bartender
The key to success if living in the LA basin is to live walking distance from the beach where it is cooler and you don't have to see the air you breathe. Still earthquakes and mudslides though, as well as traffic on the Santa Monica Freeway from Malibu to 3rd and Alvarado.
Yes, the traffic there is what kills it for me. We usually plan our departures from LAX for Sunday morning when the traffic is manageable, and the Ventura Freeway coming from 1000 Oaks/West Lake Village isn't backed up.

Peacoat

Bartender
Glad you're OK too Scott. You guys in SoCal have it all: Torrential rainfall, mudslides, earthquakes, raging forest fires, scorching heat, etc. :eek: During the one year we lived in LA (Malibu), I experienced all of the things I just listed. In November 1973 while I was in Chicago being examined by the American Board of Otolaryngology, my wife and kids had to evacuate our house due to a raging forest fire. Overall though, one of the best years of my life! :cool:
Hey Doctor, I have this growth under my tongue; could you take a look at it?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
socal as well here. Pretty sure everything is over now. I did have to drive around a few trees on the way home from work yesterday :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21