Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T. Jones Custom Hats, Repairs, and Conversions

My first T. Jones in its natural habitat:

IMG_3570.jpeg
IMG_3562.jpeg

I’m able to say my first because I have a Resistol Silverbelly refurbishment project in the works and my first FEPSA dress weight rabbit on its way to Terry for a ground up custom fedora.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
My first T. Jones in its natural habitat:

View attachment 544675 View attachment 544676

I’m able to say my first because I have a Resistol Silverbelly refurbishment project in the works and my first FEPSA dress weight rabbit on its way to Terry for a ground up custom fedora.
That looks good on you, Brent. The color combo and the dimensions work really well for you.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Terry. It really came out nice and it now has me thinking that rather than sell a couple hats that aren’t quite right for me I should just send them to you to be tweaked into perfection.
You're very welcome, Brent. Sure, go ahead and send those hats to me whenever you want and I'll see what I can do with them.

Deeeluxe Definitely

One of the Regulars
Glad to see it's finally happened! I've admired your work for some time, as you well know.

6", #52 block is exactly what I'm after myself. My hat tapered in while dyeing it black.

I keep finding blocks that are the right circumference but not #52, or vice versa, or not the right height.

Anyway, with a lot of hat makers and servicers disappearing, it's wonderful to see someone new on the market with the craftsmanship needed.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Glad to see it's finally happened! I've admired your work for some time, as you well know.

6", #52 block is exactly what I'm after myself. My hat tapered in while dyeing it black.

I keep finding blocks that are the right circumference but not #52, or vice versa, or not the right height.

Anyway, with a lot of hat makers and servicers disappearing, it's wonderful to see someone new on the market with the craftsmanship needed.
Thank you, buddy. I appreciate that. Hopefully we can get together for a project sometime soon.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Something to think about. Ever since I sold my Montana creased 100 to @Randall Renshaw I'm low on westerns.
I've got a Resistol 3X and a Knox Stagecoach that I refurbished and recreased with Montana Pinches and 'Mule Kicks'. They're one of my favorite creases for a big Western. The Resistol is a silvery Palomino(?) color. It's a fairly big hat with a 6 1/2 inch open crown and 4 inch brim. The biggest Western I have is the Knox Stagecoach. I've seen Resistol and Dobbs Stagecoaches but this is the first Stagecoach I've seen with the Knox 'branding', especially having a 7 inch open crown with a 4 1/2 inch brim width. It's the biggest hat I have.

Attachments

• Montana-Resistol-3-A.jpg
    Montana-Resistol-3-A.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20231006-065231~2.png
    Screenshot_20231006-065231~2.png
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20231006-064156~2.png
    Screenshot_20231006-064156~2.png
    981.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Knox-Stagecoach-11-A.jpg
    Knox-Stagecoach-11-A.jpg