Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TA DA!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome back my friend. You have been sorely missed around here. I always found you to be an inspiration not just because of your superb sense of style, but also in the fact that you are a true Golden Era-type gentleman and your love of the vintage lifestyle shows through so richly in your posts.

I had originally intended to try to keep in contact with you via Myspace when you left the Lounge, but to my shame I have allowed my busy daily agenda to get in the way of those plans. Now, to honour your return to the Lounge, this evening I am going to put my favourite Glenn Miller collection on the turntable and raise a glass of cool lemonade (summer's trying to get a head-start going over here!) to you Rob.

So it really was Alvin Karpis. ;) :p

alvin-karpis-msht-lg.jpg

Tony in Tarzana

"Gold Diggers of 1933" has become one of my very favorite movies. Joan Blondell did sing the beginning of "Remember My Forgotten Man," but the lady who took over was the great Etta Moten, who passed away in 2004 at the age of 102. Here is her IMDB page: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0609323/

It's interesting how that movie changes gears. Up to the beginning of that musical number, it's lighthearted and fun, but it gets serious all of a sudden. The United States government didn't do right by our veterans of The Great War.

I wouldn't presume to speak for them, but I suspect that our Vietnam veterans can relate.

And welcome back!

Big Man

Welcome back. I have missed your insight and comments, and look forward to your future contributions.

Rooster

Practically Family
Didn't know you left, I just figured you were layin' low......;) Anyway I'm glad you're back on the scene, I value your exerience and advice.
Why no picture posting?[huh] On the run from the strong arm of the law?;)

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
"Gold Diggers of 1933" has become one of my very favorite movies. Joan Blondell did sing the beginning of "Remember My Forgotten Man," but the lady who took over was the great Etta Moten, who passed away in 2004 at the age of 102. Here is her IMDB page: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0609323/

It's interesting how that movie changes gears. Up to the beginning of that musical number, it's lighthearted and fun, but it gets serious all of a sudden. The United States government didn't do right by our veterans of The Great War.

I wouldn't presume to speak for them, but I suspect that our Vietnam veterans can relate.

And welcome back!

WOW!!! 102??? That's amazing! Her singing was rather profound I think... it hit me in a way that made me feel sad... deep down I wept for all those men and women of that time for the hardships that had to be dealt with... the Great Depression is an important part of history! I'll never forget the "Forgotten Men" of the Depression.

Thanks again to all you guys... glad to be back!

=Rob.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
This "Family" values you, Rob!

Rob, I did my best to check into your "Space", but you changed names so often, I........Chalk it up to "Senior moments" on my part, I guess. Anyway, I, too, am pleased to find you back "home" where you obviously belong. You may be young enough to be my Grandson, but You're the man when it comes to keeping the Golden Era Torch burning brightly in the darkness of this century. Shine on, kid!

Rico

Hondo

One Too Many
Rob, so its you huh? your contributions here are always welcome, whatever you choose. Gold Diggers of 1933, wasn't she great Joan Blondell? Welcome back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24