Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taking a color poll... help a brotha out

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'll start by saying I have hats in or at least close to every one of these colors ... so the .. get what you don't have ... thing doesn't work ... that is why I am having trouble deciding

so ... I am about to buy a Stetsonian from a local store who amazingly has my size in stock in every color they offer ... I currently have them holding one of each color

Tawny - tannish with darker brown ribbon

Mink - brown with black ribbon

Caribou - grey with black ribbon

I think I may have ruled out the Caribou because I have a Gannon custom on the way in Granite ... which is in the gray family ... so some how that works in my brain

I'm leaning toward the Tawny and am basically looking for thoughts to push me over the edge

this will be a regular rotation hat for the fall and winter

mostly to be worn with a nice shirt, sport coat and jeans

I'd like to hear your thoughts

make your argument for any of these colors ... I trust you guys

tommyK

One Too Many
I say get them both but, I'd lean toward the Mink.
As long as you shape it differently than the typical Indy style (or even if you do) dark brown can be quite versatile, I've found. Think the fedora version of the cattleman crease;
27dfef9a-3837-4b71-8a77-b3330e33e825_zpsiurgmoz6.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Moon;
i can't seem to pull up your last head shot but i remember the dark brown eyes the dark beard and a southern European complexion Therefore i would recommend the MINK
But black ribbon? you are a drummer. that should be a little bella figura such as a a dark red ribbon.
Look how Esther's hats pop when she wears a hat that matches her eyes.
Deciding colour is the most challenging

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
thanks guys

I do love the Mink

the absolute only thing keeping me from buying that one right now is the fact that my Penman are those exact colors

keep the suggestions coming .... I truly appreciate it

Moon, I have one Stetson Caribou. It has some purplish hues to it, so not as overtly gray. Although mine seems to be a little more purplish than most Caribous, and it may be one reason it was on the sales floor at the Hatco outlet.

Good luck. As you know, I've been trying to get a Stetsonian on my head since April. At this point, it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Moon, I have one Stetson Caribou. It has some purplish hues to it, so not as overtly gray. Although mine seems to be a little more purplish than most Caribous, and it may be one reason it was on the sales floor at the Hatco outlet.

Good luck. As you know, I've been trying to get a Stetsonian on my head since April. At this point, it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic