Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking about Ebay..

NakedwithaHat

New in Town
:eek:fftopic: Can't believe it. I listed an item on Ebay 10 days ago and paid $19 more for what they call their "Feature Plus" option. After 8 days, I found odd the lack of interest from potential buyers.
I then decided to check that my item was on the top of the page in the category I have chosen to be (That's what I paid those $19 for!) and you know what? My item was nowhere to be seen.
I then decide to have a live chat with Ebay. That girl from their customer service starts telling me that it doesn't mean that I am always on the top of my category by paying those $19 more! What the? She also tells me then "Hey look, you are on the top of the 2nd page .."..indeed suddenly my item appears on the top of the 2nd page. Still I am not happy with this.
I obviously argued the fact that when paying those $19, I thought I would have appeared on the first page and not on xx page! They had only 2 sellers featuring on the top of the first page, whom had paid the feature plus option. Then while I am chatting with Ebay, a new seller (selling some fake Armani suits.Brand new with tag $250 buy now) is being advertised on the top of the 1st page where I should be for godsake! I am fuming now...

Anyway the result is I've lost my $19 obviously because to complain, I had to fax or write a letter! What the fxxk!
I was so pissed off that I had to close the live chat window and guess what? a minute after, my item was on the top of the first page.
If I would not have found out by myself, they would not have shown my item on the top at all.
Ebay ripped me off so watch out next time you are listing on Ebay.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge!

I have always had good results using the cheapest no-frills selling option. I think that a carefully chosen listing title gives a perfectly good chance of exposure. Once in a while there are odd technical issues. But for the most part everything works pretty well. That's been my experience anyway. Let the fake Armani suit have the first in line position. If what you are selling is desireable, it will trump that no matter where it is (as long as it can be found). :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
NakedwithaHat said:
Ebay ripped me off so watch out next time you are listing on Ebay.

I wouldn't put it past them,....Ebay's insertion fees and final value fees, and whatever hidden fees coupled with Paypal's fees in combination with lousy economic times for buyers is making it nigh impossible for small sellers to make a profit. :mad: A lot of sellers that used to offer a cool and unusual vintage item now and then are simply opting out. I don't use any of their so-called options and it still costs me 25 to 30% all total! One more rate increase by Greedbay, and I'm out too. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael