Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target Target

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
I bought the blue pinstripe and a black suit. They fit me so well they dont even need any tailoring. I couldnt believe it.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Could you show us some pictures of the blue pinstripe?

As for the fit of the men's stuff I'll have to go try on the trousers with a jacket and maybe buy one and take some pics of it on me. Might make a good travel suit.

The suit's cool neecerie.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Tuxedos,for 50 bucks and vests that look pretty good.

http://www.target.com/Merona-Wool-T...36949?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:tuxedo&page=1

http://www.target.com/Keanan-Duffty...e_recently-viewed-items_2/601-3630985-0236949
4173W%2B7jLtL._SS260_.jpg

31cfW8Dvv3L._SS260_.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Target Ties

I love Targets ties!! I have only one right now (which I am wearing right now!!) - it is my favorite pattern I have ever seen in a tie. Anyway, they are really decent. Mine ties into an okay full windsor (sp?) - I have to tie a big knot because being a lady the ties ends up too long otherwise. I think it would tie into an even better knot on someone with a larger neck. Anyway, if you keep an eye out - I think that Target gets some of the best classic patterned ties of any of the stores I have haunted in the last few years. Hope that helps!!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tony in Tarzana said:
I wonder if they're available in my size... I'll have to check it out.

From what I can tell, they only sell "children's sizes". :D Folks like you and me who wear a real man's size are SOL ... [huh]

Feraud

Bartender
Mrs. Merl said:
Mine ties into an okay full windsor (sp?) - I have to tie a big knot because being a lady the ties ends up too long otherwise.
The problem with the modern tie is too much material. Tying a Windsor knot creates a huge knot. Which btw, I find acceptable for a Victorian inspired look but less so later eras.

Have you ever tried a vintage tie? The shorter ties allow you to tie knots other than a Windsor if you prefer w/out the excess material and bulk.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I stopped by Target today and bought a suit and tie. Together cost $112.

I'll post some pics a little later.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Feraud said:
The problem with the modern tie is too much material. Tying a Windsor knot creates a huge knot. Which btw, I find acceptable for a Victorian inspired look but less so later eras.

Have you ever tried a vintage tie? The shorter ties allow you to tie knots other than a Windsor if you prefer w/out the excess material and bulk.

Perhaps off topic...so I will be to the point. I personally like the Windsor for my uses - partially because it gives me a huge knot. It gives it a bit more of a "scarf" look and I think that is okay for a woman's wearing of a tie. Even for later eras. (If I ever see a vintage tie in a pattern I like, I will give it a try for length - thanks for the suggestion by the way.)

Back on topic...I do think as far as modern ties are concerned - the Target ones are particularly decent for the price. And as I said before, the patterns they sell tend to be particularly classic or fun without being tacky in my opinion. Which, is why I bought one! I love the patterns!!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Target also has one in black. I think the black has four pockets.

Thanks, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Okay, pics of the suit.

I bought a dark gray 3-button suit with pinstripes. Size 38R jacket, 32x32 flat-front trousers and no cuff.
Surprisingly, the jacket sleeves are long enough for my monkey arms. It has low armholes and fails the armhole test (see pics below). The jacket fits well around the torso and has some shape around the waist.
The trousers have medium rise and sit around the hips. They have a bit of taper but nothing extreme.

So, all in all a modern cut.

The fabric is light-weight but drapes well.

The tie is 100% silk and is long, like most modern ties. Width is similar to 1930s ties. The material is thick but can be tied in skinnier knots, as the photos show. The length shown is as short as I can get it without tying a Windsor knot. I do like the color scheme, though, and it will make a nice spring/summer tie.

Total cost of the suit and tie is $112, not expensive by any means. Overall I'd say it's a good buy on a budget, though if you can afford more definitely look elsewhere.

Targetsuit001.jpg

Targetsuit002.jpg

Targetsuit003.jpg

Targettie.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace