Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

zaika

One Too Many
pdxvintagette said:
They came from Decades, but he doesn't have such a grand selection anymore. I have a spare pair of cat eyes that don't look good on me, though, and I got them at an estate sale for just a buck... so, should I meet up with you soon, you ought to try them on! Otherwise, I recommend talking to William at Hollywood Vintage on Sandy, his selection of vintage frames is fantastic.

oooh. i'd love to see the frames you have. i have a couple of cat eye frames...one is a light metal that belonged to my grandma...and the other is a light plasticky color that doesn't look good on me at all. maybe we can trade?
hollywood vintage. on my list.
i don't need glasses...but i NEED glasses.

volatile

A-List Customer
zaika said:
on no. don't be sad!! i just read back and saw your pics... don't remember seeing them...maybe they didn't show up or something...because you can't miss those. your work is amazing and vibrant. how long have you had them? i hope my color stays as vibrant...
i have to say that the pen shoved through your neck is my favorite. :D

Hmmm! Some of them are on Myspace and Facebook - maybe people can't see them unless they're logged in? (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=660&page=23)

The pen's the newest - by an amazing guy called Uncle Allan from Conspiracy Ink in Copenhagen. The best way is to keep your tattoos bright is to keep them out of the sun, an use high-factor sun cream all summer.

zaika

One Too Many
volatile said:
Hmmm! Some of them are on Myspace and Facebook - maybe people can't see them unless they're logged in? (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=660&page=23)

The pen's the newest - by an amazing guy called Uncle Allan from Conspiracy Ink in Copenhagen. The best way is to keep your tattoos bright is to keep them out of the sun, an use high-factor sun cream all summer.

it just occured ot me that sometimes i look quickly through a thread while photos are still loading...i wonder if i just quickly swept through before yours had a chance to load. *must learn patience*
either way...a friend of mine, from many moons ago, once told me about Uncle Allan...she got something done by him when she was living in norway. it was a beautiful piece.
well i don't spend a lot of time in the sun on purpose...so i guess that'll be easy.:D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Technonut said:
I

Right Arm.... (Was still healing at the time of pic)

FLTAT2t032.jpg

You got a Lounge Logo tatt? Amazing!

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Mike1939 said:
How about the tattoos of the Golden era? Who had them? Soldiers, sailors, working class Joes on the docks around the world. Then the more extreme of the tattoo world of the time might have performed with a circus or carnival...See the tattooed man eat fire and swallow swords...That would have been a crowd pleaser in the 1930's. Any more ideas on who had tattoos in the GOLDEN ERA?

Funny enough Golden Era tattoos are making a huge comeback... especially for people who are cool. Much like the clothes, style and culture discussed on these pages. Sailor Jerry style tattoos are huge nowadays and they are great As for me, I love originality, creativity and an unwillingness to go with the norm. That's why I dig this site so much. You can't find the same vintage in NY as you will in Portland. Something about holding onto the past while expressing your self in the present meshes with me. The ying and yang the conservative and liberal.
*** edit*** i just noticed that volitile has a great example of "Homeward Bound" full sail ink... One of my favorites

pretty faythe

One Too Many
figuring out

I have been working on my next tattoo tonight. I figure its going to be pretty soon, it's going to be in memory to my kitty (17 yo). I am no longer in denial that he is in his 9th life right now, and refuses to live forever, darn him. So far I have it narrowed down to his name (Dagmar) with 9 kitty walking through it or a caligraphish (spelling) abrstract cat (very cool). I saw a very pretty heart made out of 2 cats, but couldn't quite get it right. I am making tweaks on things I see to make them mine.[huh] Still researching, really should be sleeping.

pgoat

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
I have been working on my next tattoo tonight. I figure its going to be pretty soon, it's going to be in memory to my kitty (17 yo). I am no longer in denial that he is in his 9th life right now, and refuses to live forever, darn him. So far I have it narrowed down to his name (Dagmar) with 9 kitty walking through it or a caligraphish (spelling) abrstract cat (very cool). I saw a very pretty heart made out of 2 cats, but couldn't quite get it right. I am making tweaks on things I see to make them mine.[huh] Still researching, really should be sleeping.

Those are some cool ideas! Take your time and get it the way you want it.......One of my tattoos is of my late feline friend; My Favorite tattoo by far, and I do plan to add some embellishments but I want to wait and find the right artist, preferrably a Tebori.

Another friend of ours had her Siamese done - he lived to be 23! Great cat, great tatt!!

pgoat

One Too Many
Undertow said:
I've lived with this quote to keep me from even considering a tattoo:

"A permanant expression of a temporary feeling."

I respect everyone's individual opinion on this, and imo the statement above is a pretty wise one. I think if you do want one, you should aim for a tattoo that you feel pretty strongly about. The subject and design should be carefully thought out and be something you really feel is central to your life and is likely to remain that way. If that means waiting a long time till you're sure, and maybe eventually not getting one at all, so be it.

Then again, life is short, and there are lots of decisions we make based on passing feelings that have a lot more serious consequences than a bit of ink under your skin.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
got it

Got my latest. My tat in memory of my kitty, Dagmar. The artist tweaked it a bit, so that it wasn't to bland, he moved the paws around a bit. There are 17 of them, one for each year of his life. Had to take him to the vet and put him to sleep 2 weeks ago. Here's the tat, its on the back of my left shoulder/back.
kittypaws.jpg

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
pretty faythe said:
Got my latest. My tat in memory of my kitty, Dagmar. The artist tweaked it a bit, so that it wasn't to bland, he moved the paws around a bit. There are 17 of them, one for each year of his life. Had to take him to the vet and put him to sleep 2 weeks ago. Here's the tat, its on the back of my left shoulder/back.
kittypaws.jpg

That's a lovely tattoo!

pgoat

One Too Many
+1, very nice and very original. Sorry to hear about your friend but if any comfort, 17 yrs is a good long life for a cat; doubtless, you guys were blessed with many happy days together.

ortega76

Practically Family
I have several tattoos, and I will keep getting more. I hope to have a sleeve of traditional Japanese work sometime this year. For my tattoos, I prefer classic Americana designs and Japanese imagery. I have tattoos whose images are very personal to me (the Our Lady of Guadalupe is a memorial piece for my Grandmother who passed away), things I simply find appealing (a gryphon) or something in-between.

IMG_1294.jpg

A gryphon on my leg, inspired by WWII era flash

IMG_1293.jpg

Sugar skull on my forearm

I have an appreciation for a time when things were beautiful, from cars to buildings to clothes. Why wouldn't I wish to add beautiful images to my body?

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
volatile said:

oh my you have a marmite tattoo. thats extremely cool.

i like your collar ink too.
i wish i'd have had something similar before i got my shoulders capped. now there is no room! booo! hiss!

i'm just gettin some more of my sleeve coloured. having problems tho.
my tattooist is perfect in every way. he draws my favourite style, he's hilarious, he has awesome tatts by steve byrne (whom i get to hear stories of all the time. one day i'll afford to get some work done by him), his coloring is amazing, he plays just the right music, the atmosphere is spot on, i get excited just to go there and hang out, he comes to the pub with me. he's just generally the perfect tattooist i've been looking for for years.

all except he's a slow worker. i mean sloooooow.
so i end up paying for lets say 3 hours. and someone else could do twice as much in that time.
but i can't stop goin. he's so so my cup of tea in every other way.
[huh]

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
pretty faythe said:
kittypaws.jpg

that's really sweet.

i'm getting one for my little meow too. (just 4yo when she died a few days back)
except i think mine might just be a scroll with the lyrics to the song i named her after. which i can't listen to anymore.
just gotta find the right placement for it now.

pgoat

One Too Many
sophia la shok said:

so i end up paying for lets say 3 hours. and someone else could do twice as much in that time.
[huh]

That Mar-mate is great!

Re: slow work, my wife and her friend recommended an artist to me many years ago (before we were married) and I went and he had a great vibe but he made a few goofs (small goofs - like a noticeable join on a circle outline, etc.-but not what you want in a tattoo!). I griped to them a bit afterwards and asked why they thought he was so special. They said a. his music was great, and b. 'he was so fast!!"

I'll reiterate what I told them - fast is nice but not my first criteria in a tattoo artist!! I say it sounds like you have a good bond with your artist - stick with him!

volatile

A-List Customer
sophia la shok said:

i like your collar ink too.
i wish i'd have had something similar before i got my shoulders capped. now there is no room! booo! hiss!

i'm just gettin some more of my sleeve coloured. having problems tho.
my tattooist is perfect in every way. he draws my favourite style, he's hilarious, he has awesome tatts by steve byrne (whom i get to hear stories of all the time. one day i'll afford to get some work done by him), his coloring is amazing, he plays just the right music, the atmosphere is spot on, i get excited just to go there and hang out, he comes to the pub with me. he's just generally the perfect tattooist i've been looking for for years.

[huh]

Thanks!

You definitely should get tattooed by Steve, he's amazing. Totally amazing.

One of my old artists was slow, too - but his linework is so good, I couldn't really complain! Plus, the price per hour drops every appointment if you're a decent chap(ess), so stick with it!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
volatile said:
Thanks!

You definitely should get tattooed by Steve, he's amazing. Totally amazing.

One of my old artists was slow, too - but his linework is so good, I couldn't really complain! Plus, the price per hour drops every appointment if you're a decent chap(ess), so stick with it!

well he gives me discount anyway cos i know him through an ex. and i've been goin there for just over 2 years now. so i can't really expect any more money off. and not that i'd want to particularly- he does work really hard.
i think it's just because i've drawn (oh pun-eriffic!) comparisons with modern body art in B'ham. a few people i know have been there and jo harrison will finish a huge amount of work in a few hours. i think thats all it is.

no matter. where did you say you get your work done now? and have you got a piece done by steve?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats