Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texas Hatters

JeffW

Familiar Face
Anyone ever buy anything from Texas Hatters? I am thinking of stopping by there next week when I past their shop.

android

One of the Regulars
It's just south of Austin in a small town called Buda. I used to get hats reblocked there until they ruined a Panama. I won't go there anymore. I'm looking at Peter's Bros in Fort Worth since we travel to Dallas frequently.

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
I've heard nothing but bad things about Texas Hatters. On the other hand, Peters Brother is one of the best in Texas. They really take pride in their work and can do just about anything with a hat. They are also really good people. I plan to stop by there tomorrow just visit on my way back from a job interview.

JeffW

Familiar Face
BD Jones said:
I've heard nothing but bad things about Texas Hatters. On the other hand, Peters Brother is one of the best in Texas. They really take pride in their work and can do just about anything with a hat. They are also really good people. I plan to stop by there tomorrow just visit on my way back from a job interview.

I did like Peter Bros. I purchased 2 hats from them a couple of months age. I got a Scala in dark gray that I like despite how stiff it is. I also got a Peters Bros brand in a silver belly. I will probably start wearing that the summer after June1 .

I am looking for nice pearl gray fedora if anyone has any recomendations. While I would like to make a trip to Optimo, they are just a little out of my price range right now. Maybe when Art gets started he can comeup with something for me.

Thanks for the heads up about Texas hatters.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I know nothing about Texas Hatters, but did not like the two-toned hat they had displayed.

This fall, when I retire, I am planning a trip down to Houston to see my dear friend, Victoria. When I leave, I plan to stop in Ft. Worth to see The Cowgirl Hall of Fame and also visit Peters Brothers. I want to see what they offer, have heard good things about them.

When I visited Houston a decade ago, I bought a cowboy Gus-style Para Panama from The Hat Store there. I believe they make mostly western hats. I tried to get them to make me a blue fedora years ago, but the felt I picked was too, too stiff and I did not like it, so gave it to Victoria. It fit her better, anyway.

They put a little card in the sweat band that says "Like Hell It's Yours. This Hat Belongs to...." then it has your name. I think the Hat Store is still in business.

karol

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
Peters Brothers

I just got home from a weekend in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and visited Peter Brothers hats this afternoon. Joe Peters Jr. is a very friendly gentleman and spent a generous amount of time with me although I purchased nothing.

He is a third generation hat man and the shop at 808 Houston Street is just north of the Fort Worth convention center. It is more than worth your time to go in and visit and see some wonderful hats.

I'm just sorry that my budget doesn't allow me to buy hats from all the nice people who sell them!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Well, if anyone makes it to Peters Bros, give me a PM. I just live about 25 minutes away and if my schedule allows, I'd love to pop in and meet ya.

I just got home from a weekend in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and visited Peter Brothers hats this afternoon. Joe Peters Jr. is a very friendly gentleman and spent a generous amount of time with me although I purchased nothing.
Sorry did you mean Joe Peters Sr? Or is Joe Jr back? I know Mark primarily runs the store right now when Joe Sr. is away.

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
Wow, I barely got anything correct! It was Joe Sr. that I met and talked with in the store Monday. I apologize for any confusion caused by my carelessness.

The business card he gave me clearly states Joe Sr. but I was a little road weary and just typed it wrong.

What a great shop, though. It looks exactly like an old hat shop should and the wealth of atmosphere is exceeded only by the wealth of skill evident in their products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24