Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 20th Century Loco and Dreyfuss

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Dan, do you mean this thread, the Century itself or my idea about a "virtual tour" if my @!#$$#@! hands ever quit shaking enough for me to go to work on the detailing?
Actually, all of the above.
Oh! Speaking of interior shots, maybe you could get some screen shots from the opening scene of "North by Northwest!"

Anyone got $90K for a good cause? The last surviving NYC twin-unit diner set is up for sale, and that's the price tag to get them acquired and minimally reconditioned to roll out to a better-equipped shop.

http://ozarkmountainrailcar.com/nyc_twin_unit_diner.htm

While these are Budd stainless rather than Pullman two-tone gray, this car-set could have been used as pinch-hitters on the Century post-1958 if one of the TTG sets assigned to #25/26 were down for maintenance.

I wish--once you've bought a railcar the expenses have only begun, and the fact that this is two at once at minimum doubles it... and my margins as a freelancer are so razor-thin I don't even drive.

Will look into NxNW stills, if I can get them "color adjusted" to take their age into account, also should check my Ed Nowak (NYC company-photographer) photo-albums...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran