Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
RockBottom said:
OK. I'll be at a meeting at the Air Force Academy, so I'm waiting for them to make arrangements.

You going to be in ?òrland over at the AFB RB?

No probs though just give me a buzz before you arrive, plenty of places here to quench a thirst and have a chinwag about throwing flies.

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
Smithy said:
You going to be in ?òrland over at the AFB RB?

No probs though just give me a buzz before you arrive, plenty of places here to quench a thirst and have a chinwag about throwing flies.

I'm not exactly sure. I just have an invititation from Prof Ole Jorgen Maao at the RNoAFA.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Check out this beauty I just got...

My fiancee bought this for me for Christmas and I finally have a chance to post it. It's (incase you can't tell) a vintage-inspired leather hanging shave kit or dopp bag which ever you prefer. She said she bought it from "Russell's For Men" I knew circling what I wanted in the catalog and leaving it around the house she'd get the hint. This thing just looks ready for a safari in my eyes.

297824901.jpg

297824903.jpg

297824906.jpg

297824909.jpg

297824913.jpg

Let me know what you think. John... how goes those passports you where suppost to be working on when we where chatting during the QM dinner. I received the files you sent me but really have no clue where to start. Hints would be awesome... maybe some picks.

-JX

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
By far not the last one...

If your interested in getting one I have TWO sources for them. I found the one I have from Russell's For Men. I had to look it up by part number because I couldn't find it by just looking around the site.

http://www.russellsformen.com/06rch06/kor-sr1118br.html

The other one is from Red Envelope. It's the one I saw first and I kinda like it better. I think it's because of the DARK brown leather and buckles on it. But I can't look a gist horse in the mouth right?

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=97797&refPg=%2fproduct_display%2fgift_results.jsp&pcd=FRPEVI&bct2=shops&bcp2=1&bcm2=1%24%24-8193&bct4=men%27s+accessories&bcp4=3&bcm4=1%24%24-10881&bct5=travel+accessories&bcp5=4&bcm5=29$$%2Fshops%2Fmen%27s+accessories%2Ftravel+accessories@@30$$-12696@@35$$12696&catOid=-12696&oid=26063234&nc2=1

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Different Adventures

A decade or so Leroy Thompson wrote an article for Peterson's Handguns on firearms for adveturing between the wars.Not as a hunter but as a solider of fortune,bodyguard etc...Anybody want pick their weapons of choice,carry gear and reasons for their choices.;)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
nobodyspecial said:
I drink nearly that much coffee in a day, or so it seams.

Who has action photos to post? That is, in the bush actually using gear and clothing - hunting, camping, trekking, fishing............ How about accessories, knives, compasses, binoculars..................
I pretty much wear bush-style clothing daily, and spend a lot of time in the field. Unfortunately there's not always someone around to take the photo! lol Here's a shot when I was surveying one of the old mines on our base, wearing my new Riverina. I'm standing on the foundation of what was probably the mine supervisor or owner's house. It has the remains of a mill, processing facility, cook house, this building, plus all the dump piles, and various bits of machinery, like a huge single bang engine. Not much left of the mill machinery, except the screens, a lot of timbers, and part of a jaw crusher.

OverlookingBristolDryLake.jpg

Jacket is my old Duluth Trading Co. Firehose Jacket, with an Orvis Canvas Front vest underneath, and beneath that an LL Bean Upland shirt.

We are deep in the Bullion Mountains, accessed by a pucker factor 12 mountain road. The funny thing is, there is an old coupe from back when the mine was active and they had a paved road running up there. It has suicide doors, but that is about as much as I can tell anymore!

OldCoupe.jpg

The intense flash floods we get here have completely obliterated the road, though you can still see bits of the pavement from place to place. Here's a shot of the adit, which drops down at an angle of about 30 degrees.

MineEntrance.jpg

The mine is an old galena mine, and operated from the 20s until the beginning of the 50s.

citRon

A-List Customer
Curt Dawson said:
A decade or so Leroy Thompson wrote an article for Peterson's Handguns on firearms for adveturing between the wars.Not as a hunter but as a solider of fortune,bodyguard etc...Anybody want pick their weapons of choice,carry gear and reasons for their choices.;)

My normal carry is a Colt Lightweight Commander .45 with a few 'tweaks'. Usually carried in an inside the pants holster. The single action 1911's and the .45 auto round is just about perfect in my book.
Every so often I'll carry a Colt Cobra .38 in an ankle holster. It's a six shot lightweight framed 'snub nose' revolver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy