Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Curious-- any of you black hat owners own one with a brown or oxblood type ribbon/trim? If so, I'd love to see pics.

Lounger Ordinary Guy recently received his beautiful black VS that fits the bill:

My newest VS..

357epfs.jpg

2mphlb5.jpg

255hyf8.jpg

2ynfjw2.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Curious-- any of you black hat owners own one with a brown or oxblood type ribbon/trim? If so, I'd love to see pics.

I've got one from John Penman loosely modeled on the Public Enemies hat:

the second picture is a better reflection of the ribbon's true color, it's a bit hard to photograph, but it's a very nice ribbon!

DRB

One Too Many
Lloyd that is such a beautiful hat. Wish I had one just like it. Congratulations on your beautiful Optimo.

Levallois

Practically Family
We were watching the Thin Man again last night (that movie never gets old) and now that I'm a black hat owner I was noticing how many there were in the movie. Lt. Guild wears one throughout, so does the gigolo boyfirend (a Homburg I think) and other extras. Even Nick wears one with a light colored trenchcoat going to the warehouse with Asta. I was always under the impression that black hats were for more formal situations. In 1934 that was definately not the case. I'd like to see photos of Loungers wearing their black hats in non-formal situatiuons to get some style tips that I can emulate. Thanks.

John

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We were watching the Thin Man again last night (that movie never gets old) and now that I'm a black hat owner I was noticing how many there were in the movie. Lt. Guild wears one throughout, so does the gigolo boyfirend (a Homburg I think) and other extras. Even Nick wears one with a light colored trenchcoat going to the warehouse with Asta. I was always under the impression that black hats were for more formal situations. In 1934 that was definately not the case. I'd like to see photos of Loungers wearing their black hats in non-formal situatiuons to get some style tips that I can emulate. Thanks.

John

Either that was merely a movie convention, or it reflects general use. Either way, the light hat-dark hat pairing is a good idea, sort of like light suit-dark suit variety, and light tie-dark tie variety.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'll join! Here's my Black DM Squatter on my head. The only thing I can say against a Black hat is don't own a white DLH kitteh as ALL of there hair lands on the black hat only :)

007.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
These are some very nice looking black hats. I'm getting tempted to add something black to my line-up soon. I especially like the Penman modeled after what Depp wore in Public Enemies, very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters