Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Blue Open Road

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
jamespowers said:
Ok, what are the specifics? Brim width, crown height, condition, your opinion of the felt quality? :cool2: Did it come with a box to match?
eElt Quality is nice and smooth, feel thick and medium weight. Crown is 4 1/2" in the front, 4" in the center rear with the way I have it currently pushed in, and 2 3"4 brim. A sweet hat if ever there was one.
DR

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
hats4me said:
Not sure if I like the Avatar or the hat the best. :arated: Nah, I like the hat the best. Enjoy:beer:
That Avatar has probably kept a lot of folks from saying anything about the hat judging by the high number of views and low replies, but that's OK! :arated: I love the hat and it's all mine :p hehehehe :p :cheers1:
DR

As a couple of us noted shortly after you bought that lid, it is the only truly blue Open Road we've ever seen. That alone makes it quite special. That it's in such nice condition and in a "modern" size makes it all the better. It's a beaut, Dusty. I'm blue with envy.

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
RElease and breathe my friend

tonyb said:
As a couple of us noted shortly after you bought that lid, it is the only truly blue Open Road we've ever seen. That alone makes it quite special. That it's in such nice condition and in a "modern" size makes it all the better. It's a beaut, Dusty. I'm blue with envy.
I've been wearing it quite a lot, even when I'd normally consider the weather too warm for any kind of felt. I love it. AND keep your eyes peeled for my Silver Belly Open road I'll be shooting pics of today.
DR

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
It was an expensive catch but well worth it

jamespowers said:
Sounds like a sweet hat. Good catch on that one. :cheers1:
I think I finally paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $334 with shipping and insurance for it but I got my money's worth, both in a great looking hat and a rare color to boot.
DR

budward

One of the Regulars
I'll second Tonyb re blue with envy. And in the big picture, I don't think 334 is bad considering what you got. For instance, there are apparently no sightings of blue Open Roads other than yours; it looks to be in great shape; old; and it looks good. Given all that, it might have gone for more.

Bud

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
budward said:
I'll second Tonyb re blue with envy. And in the big picture, I don't think 334 is bad considering what you got. For instance, there are apparently no sightings of blue Open Roads other than yours; it looks to be in great shape; old; and it looks good. Given all that, it might have gone for more.

Bud
ANd it looks practically new except for dirt around the top of the brown. I need to take some steam to it. All in all, I feel very lucky to have it.
DR

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Dusty Rhodes said:
That Avatar has probably kept a lot of folks from saying anything about the hat judging by the high number of views and low replies, but that's OK! :arated: I love the hat and it's all mine :p hehehehe :p :cheers1:
DR

I say enjoy them both:cheers1:

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Dusty what can I say....

that you don't already know?

That is a truly awesome "BLUE" OR !!! And looking at the pictures you've posted to share with us... it looks like it was made yesterday; it looks brand new. That shot of the sweatband where it says "OPEN ROAD"...not a sweat mark to be seen. I'd venture to guess your head's the first it's sat on.

I'm glad to hear that yer sportin' it about town for all to envy. You alone may be responsible for bringing Classy hats back in fashion along the East Coast.

Where the heck are the rest of the Blue ORs made by Stetson? Is yours the only one in the world? The fact that most of us only know of the one you have, I'd say the 3 bills you laid out for it were definitely worth it....(on one hand).
On the other hand, sorry man, you should have gotten it for so much less. I'm still kicking myself in the rear for you having to pay that much... :kick:

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
It's all good, lesson learned!

D. Hats said:
that you don't already know?

That is a truly awesome "BLUE" OR !!! And looking at the pictures you've posted to share with us... it looks like it was made yesterday; it looks brand new. That shot of the sweatband where it says "OPEN ROAD"...not a sweat mark to be seen. I'd venture to guess your head's the first it's sat on.

I'm glad to hear that yer sportin' it about town for all to envy. You alone may be responsible for bringing Classy hats back in fashion along the East Coast.

Where the heck are the rest of the Blue ORs made by Stetson? Is yours the only one in the world? The fact that most of us only know of the one you have, I'd say the 3 bills you laid out for it were definitely worth it....(on one hand).
On the other hand, sorry man, you should have gotten it for so much less. I'm still kicking myself in the rear for you having to pay that much... :kick:
Jsut wait till the end and snipe stuff, bidding wars are for the birds! LOL :p
You pose a good question, where are the rest of them? I shudder to think of how many hats went to the dump before the days of Ebay because people didn't know what to do with a old hat from a family member's estate.
DR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy