Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bogart Collection by Thomasville

Mycroft

One Too Many
Hey these have been around for a while now as a collection. Anyone seen them in person or have them? I love the style of it, though not that period accurate.

Some samples:

clubchair.jpg

borgartchest.jpg

trenchcoatchait.jpg

find more of them at: http://www.thomasville.com/Products/Collection.asp?CollectionID=74

topcat

Familiar Face
OH Yeah....I seen 'em in person . Favorite piece is the Morocco Bar.

The contessa couch is OUTSTANDING.

Looking forward to getting a piece or two in the future.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have seen them all

We have a Thomasville in downtown Walnut Creek. Fortunately, there is a Bank of America next door. The stuff is beautiful, new manufacture. Nice finish, style, and the fit is good, ie. well made. Dove tails, finger joints, all wood.

But holy cow! They are asking a lot of money for that. If I were rich, then it would be ok. Granted, I buy beauiful REAL antiques from time to time at the local consignment warehouse. You still pay, but you get a much better price. It is touch and go there, somtimes the place has gems, other times pebbles.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Andykev said:
We have a Thomasville in downtown Walnut Creek. Fortunately, there is a Bank of America next door. The stuff is beautiful, new manufacture. Nice finish, style, and the fit is good, ie. well made. Dove tails, finger joints, all wood.

But holy cow! They are asking a lot of money for that. If I were rich, then it would be ok. Granted, I buy beauiful REAL antiques from time to time at the local consignment warehouse. You still pay, but you get a much better price. It is touch and go there, somtimes the place has gems, other times pebbles.

True they fetch a heavy price, though I am looking at them maybe for one piece if I am lucky, and the rest as an insperacion for funiture and wall stuff for my new room I am building myself. I love the look of the dark wood and black leather. Oh and Andykev, why do u think the Bank is next to the store? ;)

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That was one of the best items from the collection I saw

OH? And just what did you do with the liquid in those martini glasses after the production shot was finished? Huh? And how many, er, takes did it "Take" to get the perfect, {hic} photo? HAHAH.:cheers1:

geo

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know about this company and I was looking for some good quality furniture. It even turns out that they have a shop in my city. I just hope they're not too expensive and that they're not made in China.

I like better martinis with gin, I find the gasoline-like taste of the gin gives flavour to the martini.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm sure everyone remembers the Hemingway collection they did a few years ago.
It really is marvelous, well crafted furniture.
Seeing MK's bar makes me want to pay them a visit.

Mycroft

One Too Many
The bar appears to be a mix of Gothic (note the shape, bellow) and Art Deco. Nice bar MK. I was thinking of making a hat rack on the wall with an art deco style or a hat stand with that as a style for a base. Mk, how is the construction of the joints on the draws etc.?

Window_Gothic_Wooden.jpg

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Actually it is not a bar. It is an accent table. I used the martinis because that what Thomasville used to in their catalog....and it seemed like a good idea.

That table was by far the coolest item in the collection. They make you order their furniture...and it takes forever. I ordered a coffee table and end tables from a different collection. It was constructed different than the floor models. I made the store swap mine for what they had on display. I won't order furniture again. I want to see what I am buying before I pay for it. Thomasville sometimes will sell their floor samples and the Bogart collection has been out long enough now that they might part with a view items.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
My wife and I were looking to buy a piece from this line with some of the cash we got for our wedding. We were this close to picking up the bar cabinet:
39091935_350.jpg

39091935_OPEN_350.jpg

The price was just too high, so we held off. She also fell in love with the Hollywood Vanity:
39011_700_DEF_350.jpg

Maybe some day. We have big house to fill!
PBG

Mycroft

One Too Many
PrettyBigGuy said:
My wife and I were looking to buy a piece from this line with some of the cash we got for our wedding. We were this close to picking up the bar cabinet:
39091935_350.jpg

39091935_OPEN_350.jpg

The price was just too high, so we held off. She also fell in love with the Hollywood Vanity:
39011_700_DEF_350.jpg

Maybe some day. We have big house to fill!
PBG

They look great and man can that bar hold a lot!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Interesting looking modern made pieces.

If Deco bars & furniture are what you want, go for the original items, it's not as expensive as new stuff.

The only newly made furniture I have are two leather upolstered Deco club chairs, and a couch, all the rest is mainly prewar Deco things.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

The vanity is truely amazing....I just couldn't figure out what to do with it. Like most women today, my wife does her make up and hair in the bathroom.

BTW: I tried to find a vintage accent table like that. No luck. To this day I have never seen anything like it. It looks like something from the Queen Mary.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Mr. 'H' said:
Why do you think they're not "period accurate". Which features lead you to that conclusion?

They look and this sans reasearch a bit modernish or rather more modernish than something Bogart might have. MK the mirror/vanity thing could be modified into a bar or servng buffet in a hallway or back of a dinning room if you put a board across the platforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner