Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bogart Collection by Thomasville

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bogart Collection

I've been meaning to take the time to check out the local Thomasville store - it's right next to the Bassett store where we've bought some of our mission oak / craftsman style furniture. Buying at the showroom was quite a different experience than buying the same line at a local department store. With the latter, things were delivered within 2-3 days in most cases, a week at most. But going to the "showroom" - we ordered a sideboard & two bar stools to match the dining set and it was just at three months before they arrived, and that's paying a little extra for a "rush order" which was supposed to get everything to us in 6-8 weeks. But the Bogart accent table is gorgeous.

WoeSis

New in Town
i am fortunate enough to have that beautiful Bogart vanity in addition to the four poster bed and chaise. And i simply adore them, they are the most beautiful pieces of furniture that i have ever owned. Granted, they were a bit pricey, but we were fortunate enough to hit the Thomasville store during a sale and got something of a heafty discount.

If i ever manage to get an equally gorgeous bedspread, i may some day photograph and post images of my bedroom set.

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Thanks for posting this. I may have to check those out myself. The manufacturer is not that far from me. I'm near High Point NC, the furniture capitol of the world. Those are some great pieces.

Story

I'll Lock Up
American Drew launches their nod to the Art Deco period with Via Delano.

http://www.furninfo.com/absolutenm/templates/NewsFeed.asp?articleid=6191

In a nod to the rising popularity of Art Deco styling, American Drew will introduce their new Via Delano bedroom and dining room collection for this market. “We’ve been watching this category for some time and were determined to respond to this trend correctly rather than just jumping on a bandwagon”, said Bob Averett, VP-Product Development for American Drew.

The new collection marries a sleek, elegant and contemporary design with styling influences from the Art Deco period that easily remind you of the days of Bacall, Grant, and Hepburn. If features lighter scale and sleeker lines with smaller yet generous forms and shapes, Via Delano’s inviting curved fronts, beaded doors and drawers create an ambience that is both pure and stylish for today’s modern lifestyle of living.

Via Delano features many options for the bedroom and dining room with the two different style beds, armoires, china’s and dining tables that allow the customer to use this group either in a more gracious setting or one that is of a more intimate nature. All case pieces in this group have sterling silver plated hardware that has been chosen from the Art Deco style and all of the veneers are Mozambique finished in a deep rich espresso finish that shows the beauty of this exotic and very desirable wood. The nightstands are offered either with a Mozambique veneered top at the starting price point or one can step it up with solid Black Absolute granite tops that rest on the existing nightstand top surface.

“We believe that this trend will continue for some time and that Via Delano does a very good job of bringing the best of Art Deco styling while remembering the need to keep the contemporary lines fresh and appealing for this consumer.”, added Averett

Hasn't show up in the online catalogs, yet - http://www.americandrew.com/

The D.A.

Familiar Face
Thomasville has apparently discontinued their original Bogart collection. The "Bogart Luxe" collection is still available, but I liked the furniture in the original collection much more, especially the chairside table that MK has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot