Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
New Anello. Nice strong leather band.

DSC_8096_zps7965a4e0.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Picked up this Borsalino Thirty off OFAS. It's in really lovely condition, with just a bit of wear here and there. The "pesca" finish feels very much like the peach skin it's named after, and the color is sort of a camel; the brown ribbon has a little rust in it. It's brim is an overwelt. I love the tip liner--no plastic, and the the design is deeply imprinted (can't quite tell if it's embroidered, but it doesn't really look like it) into the material. It's a nice hat to add to the collection.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Borsalino Castoro homburg

Medium weight castoro (beaver) - color is plumbeo (leaden), from the late 1950s. Belonged to a judge in Massachusettes who passed away last year - a number of nice Borsalinos from his collection were auctioned recently.

castoro1.jpg

castoro2.jpg

castoro3.jpg

castoro4.jpg

castoro5.jpg

castoro6.jpg

castoro7.jpg

castoro8.jpg

castoro9.jpg

castoro10.jpg

Thank you for the appreciation!

+1,looks nearly unworn.

Yes, it shows little or no evidence of wear. I find that this is not uncommon with European sourced Borsalinos, many of which seem to have been purchased as souvenirs from foreign travel and came home to see special occasion wear, if they were worn at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy