Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Jack Savage

New in Town
I went online at Bencraft Hatters and thought I was purchasing a Borsalino Alessandria in Taupe, as I had purchased a Como a year ago from a guy named Robert. I had called Robert, but he said I had to do it online. So I did. He said it showed they didn't have that color in but he would get back to me today. Still haven't heard from him or anything on my order from Bencraft Hatters.

Anyone else run into similar problems from Bencraft. It went smooth a year ago. Have they changed hands. They were about the same price as Delmonico. I always had good luck with Delmonico. One other point, Delmonico shows the Alessandria with a 2/34 inch brim while Bencraft has it in 2 1/2. When I asked this man Robert, he said he didn't know what size it was suppose to be. Anyone here know the answer to that?

Asmo

One of the Regulars
Jack Savage- I have ordered and received an Alessandria and a Como from Bencraft in the last six months or so. Both took about two weeks from placement to arrival. In my experience, Bencraft is a quality source for hats, they're just not as communicative as DelMonico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

verdeo

New in Town
Jack, Robert was my go to guy there a couple of weeks back. He comes through on his own timeframe. It was rather frustrating for me but ended up ok. I needed an exchange for a larger size. Once he got it shipped I had it in two days. I'm reluctant to go through that again though.

Jack Savage

New in Town
Thanks Asmo, I am probably a few years your senior, and a bit hard of hearing relying more and more on email messages instead of the phone. At Bencraft, I had a hard time understanding the sales people as they speak fast and with an accent and it was difficult to understand what they were saying as to what happened with my order. I asked for email responses but received none. I also sent a message to Besdor, but got no reply. IF this is how they do that, that's okay with me, I just won't do business with them again.

Jack Savage

New in Town
Jack, Robert was my go to guy there a couple of weeks back. He comes through on his own timeframe. It was rather frustrating for me but ended up ok. I needed an exchange for a larger size. Once he got it shipped I had it in two days. I'm reluctant to go through that again though.
I'm with you on that. There are too many places to get one without the hassle.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had the same problem with them a few years back. No email response and no one would pick up the phone. So I tried Holland Hats and got Bruce, the owner, first try and he couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommended.

tommyK

One Too Many
I think with Bencraft it's best to go in to the store. I realize not everyone can do this. Thankfully, I live close enough that I can and have had a good experience everytime. I think 90% or more of their business is the local Jewish community and keeps them pretty busy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn