Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Two Borsalino restored with extreme ability in BSHW laboratory.
See details in the dedicated thread Black Sheep Hat Works

Mauve Homburg sold in Bratislava - Slovakia before IIWW I presume
2j4809u.jpg

Soft felt very pliable
5ceelv.jpg

Light grey fedora
2nsalci.jpg

Sharkgill bow and wind cord
5bxo2v.jpg

Finally I start to see the first restored of a bunch I had ready to be reworked.
Complimenti a Bob

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Just noticed your last post Daniele: +1 (WOW-za!! Complimenti a Daniele, too. BOTH Spectacular!!) and I especially like that sharkgill bow!

Prompted me to post my 2 modest offerings also posted recently in the "Stingy's" thread.

Borsalino blue: Sewn-in liner.

IMGA0899_zpscbk2gwed.jpg

IMGA0900_zpscjlhypya.jpg

IMGA0901_zps8eescskf.jpg

IMGA0902_zpsu83dv2bh.jpg

IMGA0903_zpsp699aold.jpg

Borsalino Nutria charcoal. Sewn-in liner. No label under sweatband.

IMGA0904_zps6osvui3y.jpg

IMGA0905_zpsn1qixbkw.jpg

IMGA0906_zps6yhff3re.jpg

IMGA0907_zpscbjdgoho.jpg

IMGA0908_zps2doctk1u.jpg

Chris.

Last edited:

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your compliments hatsRme and Steve.

Another of my Borsalinos. This one a Qualita Extra Superiore in mid-grey. A slightly taller and straighter crown perhaps than normal and a sewn-in liner. No real idea of date.

IMGA0930.jpg

IMGA0931.jpg

IMGA0933.jpg

IMGA0961.jpg

IMGA0934.JPG

IMGA0958.JPG

IMGA0962.jpg

Chris

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It is a model that had many success in the sixties, but this could be a little earlier.
The color is Amiata (a mountain in Tuscany) one of the most sold in Borsalino history.
Chris try to reshape it with another crease :)
As always a Borsalino is a little gem!

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Thank you for your knowledge and help Daniele. am now posting the last of my nine Borsalinos (I don't think I'm allowed more hats let alone Borsalinos!)

Echter Borsalino Homburg in black, dated 14 Nov 1957. Sweatband reads; Mertes, Schildergasse, Koln. I'm a little puzzled by the unusual (at least to me) 'Borsalino Giuseppe & Fratello' liner label. although I remember seeing one of Steve's Borsalinos with this label. There is minor rubbing to the brim binding on one side, but it is more noticeable in the photo.

IMGA0940.jpg IMGA0947.jpg IMGA0941.jpg

IMGA0942.JPG IMGA0943.JPG IMGA0944.JPG

IMGA0945.JPG IMGA0946.JPG

Chris.

Last edited:
Great hats!

You might notice the short side of the label on your 1957 imprinted Erodisti have serrated edges. This label followed the labels with Borsalino imprinted on the left short edge (also serrated edges). The unprinted labels with cut short edges (non-serrated) follow that - so Daniele's estimate of 1960s for the hats with that label is likely right on.

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Thank you hatsRme and Alan and thank you Alan for your very helpful information regarding labels - it gives me a much better idea of the approximate decades of my others and any Borsalinos to come (if I can get away with it!)

Chris

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Alan,

Do you have an idea when Borsalino stopped using the tags with the Borsalino name on the left side? I'm sure it is somewhere on TFL but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I have seen photos of OPS Borsalino hats with both style of labels used, all but two have had the Borsalino printed on the end. I'm not sure if the photos are still hosted on this site.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino with a liner logo I've not seen before . Has a sweet pleated style crown ribbon and sharp decorative edge stitching. Silk liner and super nice dense medium weight felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy