Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
hello brotherhood

I may be interested in a modern Alessandria

I'll be heading over to Bencraft this Sunday to handle as many as I can

I was wondering if those who own one can share your thoughts on them and possibly some pictures

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
hello brotherhood

I may be interested in a modern Alessandria

I'll be heading over to Bencraft this Sunday to handle as many as I can

I was wondering if those who own one can share your thoughts on them and possibly some pictures
You might want to look into something shaped like this. Its the Alessandria they're shipping to Asia/Japan.
borf-112836-a.jpg
borf-112836-s2.jpg
borf-112836-f-1.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
what is different about this one compared to the Alessandria available here in the US ?

looks exactly the same
Not to my eyes. Some of the Alessandria's pics I've seen here and on other different sites don't look as fat/bulbous/straight sided as these particular pics. Could be variations due to the photos...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Not to my eyes. Some of the Alessandria's pics I've seen here and on other different sites don't look as fat/bulbous/straight sided as these particular pics. Could be variations due to the photos...

looks no different than the ones I've seen in person ... unless there is something different underneath

I know some don't like the stitching on the sweat of the modern Alessandria ... I guess they attempt to recreate the old unreeded look and it results in stitching that irritates the forehead

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Antonio are you so determined to only take into consideration Alessandria?
I think other Borsalino models that are in the Bencraft catalog could be very good for your look
Borsalino Film or Giorgio or Rosati......give them a try
By an Italian eye unaccustomed to hats ;)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Antonio are you so determined to only take into consideration Alessandria?
I think other Borsalino models that are in the Bencraft catalog could be very good for your look
Borsalino Film or Giorgio or Rosati......give them a try
By an Italian eye unaccustomed to hats ;)

I do also like the Film ... but I hate the way Borsalino insists on putting their logo on the knot of the wide bows ... just can' wear that

plus I really dig the look of the Alessandria

I haven't handled the other two I don't believe ... I will check them out when I am there for sure

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Antonio, the brand Borsalino on the ribbon bothers me too.
In some hats it is tacky.
I know people who have done the ribbon change without problems. It may be a solution!
I think the Alessandria model is very similar to others US hats that you've often on the head so a refresher would not hurt especially because, in Borsalino range sold in USA, there are more "elegant models".
This is just my opinion

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Antonio, the brand Borsalino on the ribbon bothers me too.
In some hats it is tacky.
I know people who have done the ribbon change without problems. It may be a solution!
I think the Alessandria model is very similar to others US hats that you've often on the head so a refresher would not hurt especially because, in Borsalino range sold in USA, there are more "elegant models".
This is just my opinion

thank you Daniele ... I will definitely look into everything they have

I do have a ton of thin ribbon hats .... we'll see

tommyK

One Too Many
Moon, you might want to get to Bencraft sooner than later. Around March and/or April they are swamped with young jewish men buying hats for their pilgrimage to Israel.

of course they also get a huge shipment of hats around this time as well so they should be well stocked.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, you might want to get to Bencraft sooner than later. Around March and/or April they are swamped with young jewish men buying hats for their pilgrimage to Israel.

of course they also get a huge shipment of hats around this time as well so they should be well stocked.

yeah I'm heading in Sunday morning

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
... also I spoke to Robert yesterday and they have everything I'm looking for in stock in multiple colors

they are really great over there

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Happy Hunting Moon...sounds like a good time
Have you talked to Steve? How are they doing? That was such a tragedy....I haven't heard any news since it happened.....
Looking forward to checking out your score.....

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Happy Hunting Moon...sounds like a good time
Have you talked to Steve? How are they doing? That was such a tragedy....I haven't heard any news since it happened.....
Looking forward to checking out your score.....

I honestly don't know what you are referring to

you referring to the passing of Stanley ?

Last edited:

NewJack

Practically Family
yeah I'm heading in Sunday morning
Wish I could go with you...Again! I was contemplating another Alassadria too. When I was there a sweet Silverbelly was being wrapped for shipping. Nice hand! Very nice hand! Almost purchased. But now that I know how one size is the same in each model, I have a better idea what to order on line. As a hed's up, their Alassandrias are about $290 plus NY State tax...

NewJack

Practically Family

Yes. It's Pesach (Passover celebration). The color they wear is black only and Bencraft has styles earmarked for them. Brims are minimum 3 inches... FYI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner