Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I am in awe of all the Borsalinos on this forum.
I picked this one up at a flea market in Elsinore, Denmark, where I live. It's my third Borsalino
IMAG0399.jpg
IMAG0400.jpg
. I think it's from the 60's or 70's due to the colour and lining logo. Am I in the ball park?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks mayserwegener. It's not that easy as the paper label is behind the hat liner, so not easy to take a photo of. I'll try tomorrow or quote the numbers.
P.S. I'm a big fan of Mayser & have a vintage Homburg I'd like to pick your brains on.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I am in awe of all the Borsalinos on this forum.
I picked this one up at a flea market in Elsinore, Denmark, where I live. It's my third Borsalino
Congratulations, welcome and thanks for the personal message, you sent me. Now what are the odds for two fedora wearing Danes on TFL - living only 25 miles from each other - both playing 5-string clawhammer banjo and old-time Appalachian stringband music? I sure didn't see that coming! :D

I'm sure, we have a lot to talk about and share in the future ;)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations, welcome and thanks for the personal message, you sent me. Now what are the odds for two fedora wearing Danes on TFL - living only 25 miles from each other - both playing 5-string clawhammer banjo and old-time Appalachian stringband music? I sure didn't see that coming! :D

I'm sure, we have a lot to talk about and share in the future ;)

Thanks, TheDane. What a coincidence, eh? Verden er lille! Btw, what is the hat in your avatar? Great shape and fantastic colour. Borsalino or Dobbs?

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Btw, what is the hat in your avatar? Great shape and fantastic colour. Borsalino or Dobbs?
Thank you for the kind words, but no it's a hat, I was allowed to make, when I visited Mike Moore at his Buckaroo Hatters back in 2014: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...r-mike-moore-makes.34367/page-42#post-1785915

I'm not absolutely sure about the color. I believe, it's Winchester's old Black Cherry dye. Winchester Hat Corporation is a felting plant South of Nashville, and they changed their BC-dye to a much darker color some years ago.

It's still a favorite of mine :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the kind words, but no it's a hat, I was allowed to make, when I visited Mike Moore at his Buckaroo Hatters back in 2014: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...r-mike-moore-makes.34367/page-42#post-1785915

I'm not absolutely sure about the color. I believe, it's Winchester's old Black Cherry dye. Winchester Hat Corporation is a felting plant South of Nashville, and they changed their BC-dye to a much darker color some years ago.

It's still a favorite of mine :)

Wow! You created that? Cudos.
After having read your description of your trip to Buckeroo, I can well understand why it's a favourite of yours. It would be of anybody's.

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I am wanting a Barsolino Fedora really badly. I would like to get one on an upcoming vacation in the fall. It can be new or used. I will be in Chicago, NYC, London, Amsterdam. Cologne, Nuremberg, Budapest, Prague, and Paris. It will be quite a trip. I know I can order a Barsolino online but I would like to get one as part of the trip. Any stores in any of these places that would have a good chance at getting a Barsolino Fedora (7 5/8)? Paris has a Barsolino shop but I have heard the stock is limited? Also any flea markets or vintage shops in any of these places. My wife will probably only put up with me going to a few places on the trip so I want to go to places that have a good chance of finding something. Ideas?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I am wanting a Barsolino Fedora really badly. I would like to get one on an upcoming vacation in the fall. It can be new or used. I will be in Chicago, NYC, London, Amsterdam. Cologne, Nuremberg, Budapest, Prague, and Paris. It will be quite a trip. I know I can order a Barsolino online but I would like to get one as part of the trip. Any stores in any of these places that would have a good chance at getting a Barsolino Fedora (7 5/8)? Paris has a Barsolino shop but I have heard the stock is limited? Also any flea markets or vintage shops in any of these places. My wife will probably only put up with me going to a few places on the trip so I want to go to places that have a good chance of finding something. Ideas?

I think that the best place to find a Borsalino are the German towns you will visit along with Amsterdam.
The size you require is not so common here in EU.
In my chase to vintage and old Borsalino I came across only to one in your size and I live in the home of Borsalino:rolleyes:
n482vk.jpg

rjf7s9.jpg

azhz0g.jpg

This was sold in Italy some years ago.
If you are looking for a new one, the best is to order it in one of the shops Borsalino have in some places you will visit.
For flea markets and vintage shops I have no indications and it seems to me like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy