Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Eliesti

A-List Customer
all the brothers

f46132338565c577fb9eddc36dffb7f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

Wowsers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the brothers

f46132338565c577fb9eddc36dffb7f7.jpg

Geez, Ant! It wasn't that long ago you were looking for your first. That Ludloela you recently picked up is a spot on twin for the one I recently picked up (I'm only nine behind you, LOL).

I'm interested, though. You picked up at least one new one a few months ago. Does that still get much head time?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Geez, Ant! It wasn't that long ago you were looking for your first. That Ludloela you recently picked up is a spot on twin for the one I recently picked up (I'm only nine behind you, LOL).

I'm interested, though. You picked up at least one new one a few months ago. Does that still get much head time?

Honestly there are probably two or three of these that get regular head time... No specific reason why... Just works out that way

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
Where can I buy a Borsalino? I want to buy it on a future vacation (not online) and will be in Chicago, NYC, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, a bunch of smaller towns on the Rhein, Mainz, and Danube, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, and Paris. I have savings set aside to get a good crushable fur felt and a really good non-crushable (the latter I will ship home). I have been doing some research and have not come up with many places. I WILL stop at JJ Hat Center in NYC but I hear that they are weaning themselves for Borsalinos in favor of Stetson's. In fact, I just got off the phone with Jose and he says that since Borsalino is in bankruptcy the volume and quality is down?? Bencraft Hatters has a good selection but are closed on Saturday (the only day we will be there). London has a few shops but its hard to tell what selection of Borsalinos there are. Amsterdam is the same. Not sure about the German towns, I am still researching that. Paris has a Borsalino Boutique but I have read that they only carry some styles (But I will check that place out). To complicate things my head is a size 62 cm. Any thoughts or suggestions. BTW I posted something similar a while ago but did not get many responses.

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Where can I buy a Borsalino? I want to buy it on a future vacation (not online) and will be in Chicago, NYC, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, a bunch of smaller towns on the Rhein, Mainz, and Danube, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, and Paris. I have savings set aside to get a good crushable fur felt and a really good non-crushable (the latter I will ship home). I have been doing some research and have not come up with many places. I WILL stop at JJ Hat Center in NYC but I hear that they are weaning themselves for Borsalinos in favor of Stetson's. In fact, I just got off the phone with Jose and he says that since Borsalino is in bankruptcy the volume and quality is down?? Bencraft Hatters has a good selection but are closed on Saturday (the only day we will be there). London has a few shops but its hard to tell what selection of Borsalinos there are. Amsterdam is the same. Not sure about the German towns, I am still researching that. Paris has a Borsalino Boutique but I have read that they only carry some styles (But I will check that place out). To complicate things my head is a size 62 cm. Any thoughts or suggestions. BTW I posted something similar a while ago but did not get many responses.

The Two Best Places I've seen in the US are Bencraft , and Delmonico's ( www.bencrafthats.com , www.delmonicohatters.com ) , there are others , but these have the Best selection .

Thanks.... but Bencraft will be closed when we are there (Saturday) and Delmonico's is in CT. And I am trying to avoid buying it online.
I have purchased some fine Borsalinos online. I find FineVintageFedoras on ETSY to be a great source for Borsalinos. He refurbishes the ones he finds, does great work and resells at very fair prices. Perhaps, you could alert him to your size and colour choices and he could keep an eye out for one. I would buy a vintage over new anyday as long as the source was trusted.

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
Thanks... I will take that advice. BTW I see that "Hat's in the Belfry" sell a Borsalino "Compania" that is made just for them. Its a rollable which is one of types of hats I want.

makitright

One of the Regulars
Bob - this reminds me of a Lounger - and this goes a ways back now - that desperately wanted a vintage Stetson Open Road. He also was a big sized guy and he thought they were way too expensive - he wanted a perfect unworn example making it even tougher. He finally found one from another Lounger that was willing to let this prized hat go - but the price was around $350. It was a barely worn 50's fedora styled Open Road, the thing was perfect and in his exact size.

Anyway he did not buy it electing to buy a modern production Open Road from Stetson. I think he bought a 6X for about $150 or so. Because it had a cattleman's crease he bought a Jiffy steam machine which cost him another $125. At this point he is essentially at where he would have been with the vintage in terms of cost. Modern hats do not take to steaming and reshaping very well and when he was all done with his re-shaping project the hat had shrunk where it was now tight on him - the brim had warped to a point where he could not get it back to a descent look - and the crown was horribly tapered. But he saved $50...maybe - and owned a hat he wouldn't or couldn't wear.

Back to square one.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The 'Borsa Bug' is alive and biting! I've been smitten one more again!! (Somebody help me!). Thought about placing in "What hats are you waiting for?" thread. Nonetheless, could use some info on or about This Featherweight Nutria. Sorry the 'under sweatband label' is not available as yet!

That is a SCORE ! Like a Half Court Swish !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy