Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
D329536-L.jpg

OUTSTANDING find, David!!! I love the color. The liner is just spectacular, its simple, yet elegant. I had a Borsalino Pesca Twenty stingy at one time. It was the SOFTEST felt I have ever laid my hands on. I'm pretty sure the "Pesca" is referring to the word "Peach." The finish is soft and fuzzy like a peach.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Josh. I've had some good luck with thin ribbon Borsalinos of late, both with finding and getting some great deals.

I agree with you on the Pesca felt. The only hat I have that comes close to this is my Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe . The Pesca felt is thicker and denser but sooo soft, just fantastic to handle. I wish my 7X Clear Beaver had this felt like this!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Misto

2 1/2" brim, lt-mid grey with greenish cast; 22 L black ribbon.

99qefl.jpg

xok4na.jpg

fkmdxc.jpg

2rvz8eq.jpg

makl03.jpg

152nlgn.jpg

ip5q3n.jpg

This hat is pure delight. The felt is very thin, supple and incredibly soft. Comparing it to my Resistol Kitten Finish Beaver Twenty (which has a thicker felt), I would say the Resistol molds like clay and this Borso feels like butter. Both are top shelf, but in different ways. The liner looks and feels wonderful; it has a matte surface.

2 1/2" brim, lt-mid grey with greenish cast; 22 L black ribbon.

This hat is pure delight. The felt is very thin, supple and incredibly soft. Comparing it to my Resistol Kitten Finish Beaver Twenty (which has a thicker felt), I would say the Resistol molds like clay and this Borso feels like butter. Both are top shelf, but in different ways. The liner looks and feels wonderful; it has a matte surface.

Very nice... I wondered where this one ended up. Enjoy!

Weekend garage sale find. Non-Balbi featherweight Colombo. Needs to be stretched a tad so quick pic as I put it in the Garvé. I'll post better pictures here once I get around to clean it and block it. Very similar in style as my other feather except that this is lighter for the lack of liner and it's also more silver in color. Picture doesn't show the hue accurately.

Fantastic find! Looks ultra light + perfect!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
thanks, guys. I was very lucky with the Misto, it fits like a custom - the right size and a thin construction (thin felt and sweatband, I mean). :)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
NOS Borsalino Torino (late 70s early 80s?) from old Worth & Worth (predecesor of the modern Como?):

G.jpg

H.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Featherweight Colombo: Not as gray as I would have wanted after the cleanup but close enough, definitely a rare one and a keeper. The ribbon seems to be newer than the hat, might have been replaced.

Can't get the color quite right, it's a combination of the first pic and the inside pictures.:

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou