Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Vic - that's a super Savoy!

Ale - great Borsalino finds.

Here's my latest, a Borsalino Alessandria. This one is from an eBay sale where I was the only bidder - with my bid of $38!

Not as pristine as many of the other hats here; it has played host to our insect friends in the past and has a number of divots to prove it. Still a good wearable hat however:

D329577-L.jpg

D329584-L.jpg

D329582-L.jpg

D329586-L.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
DJH shame it has been gnawed on ... nice hat, The liner and sweat look perfect..

Aureliano love the gray, burgundy color combo on that hat..... two nice finds.... congrats.....

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DJH shame it has been gnawed on ... nice hat, The liner and sweat look perfect..
Very nice David.
Bunch of beautiful Borsalinos, Ale and David. Congrats to both of you.

Thanks guys - not too often that I come across a really good deal on a nice Borsalino.

OG - yes, the hat looks to be pretty much unworn so a shame about the moth damage, Good new is that it isn't really that noticeable and I knew about it so not a surprise.

job

One Too Many
A salesman at Bencraft offered to crease it. I told them to ship it open. The felt feels like it has no stiffener in it. I can shape the crown or brim however I want. Its also the lightest felt hat I have by far. I may get another one down the road.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The felt feels like it has no stiffener in it. I can shape the crown or brim however I want. Its also the lightest felt hat I have by far. I may get another one down the road.

You have now tasted the Borso poison an it looks as if it has worked its magic. You just keep saying "Must have another one." :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Trionfo has been used by Borsalino for a long time. If you search on eBay you'll see a couple there now. They are not always thin ribbon style, yours is the first I think I've seen that is.

I have a Trionfo, I believe from the 40's, with the same logo as yours.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Bencraft has been using the trionfo name for quite some time its thier designation for what they consider the better Borsalinos. All of them have that liner with the model name on the sweat. Pretty much all of bencrafts borsalinos that cost around 225 have the trionfo liner.

Borsalino Nutria homburg

Lovely lustrous felt on this one.

borsonutria2.jpg

borsonutria1.jpg

The sweat is sewn to a very thin fabric spacer... no reed is used.

borsonutria3.jpg

borsonutria4.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou