Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Do you guys think I should have more fabric on the back, like my vtg. Melrov pictured here?

DSC04308.jpg

I seen a 1920s ad that had 8 point caps and they did have more fabric in rear. Here is the link. I don't know how to post up a pic from ebay. Can someone?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-Print-...941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a6a318d
Johnny J
Yes more is better. Please.

Feraud

Bartender
Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Johnny, I think you could do a second model that way. Sort of a full cut model.

I use this picture as my desktop on my laptop and desk PC at work.
H%20Addison%20Bowie.jpg

Cann't go wrong with any of these caps.

DSC04308.jpg

Ah yea the one you beat me out on.:) You had to bring that one up again.:D

One of those please.;)

I love the brim's on the one's in the ad too.The brim sticking out pass the crown of the cap yes more is better. All the cap's today for some reason have the crown and the brim at the same distance so you don't see the brim at all.

Last edited:

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
DSC01575.jpg

when I did the extra material on this cap I left extra fabric off the bottom and sewn it by hand, this gave it the vintage look from the vintage ads

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Do you guys think I should have more fabric on the back, like my vtg. Melrov pictured here?

DSC04308.jpg

I seen a 1920s ad that had 8 point caps and they did have more fabric in rear. Here is the link. I don't know how to post up a pic from ebay. Can someone?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-Print-...941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a6a318d

I like the back of a cap to be fairly deep. I think it is possible to go too far in this regard though. To me, some of the Borsalino and Bailey caps look a bit strange... I guess it depends on how you do it, where the extra fabric goes - do you just make it deeper, or if you have some structure and are actually increasing the height at the back, like those vintage caps, which I think is probably what you're aiming for.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I started one that I increased the fabric in the back and I'm using this vtg newsboy as a guide of how much fabric I need, measuring the total amount of length and sides, and then do the same with the 8 point casquettes. I will post that one up when I'm done.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Grandpa glam - City Sport Donegal Tweed Flat Cap. Very slim close fitting crown but deep fitting at the back and a rather large birdlike bill. I generally prefer fuller caps, but the fabric in this cap is very soft and lovely, not to mention the wonderful colour, and the cap is very light and comfy. I quite enjoy that it's a bit different. I've been wanting a red cap.

403473_10150866159787957_1291907012_n.jpg

Yikes, why does this photo come up so huge on here? Bit pixely and low resolution because I didn't use a flash... thank god! Not consciously wearing the ginger stubble to match the cap, but I guess I guess the McCarty, Buckley and Lanohans are coming out in me with the Donny Tweed cap in this one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy