Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doh!

One Too Many
Keeping with the mob motif, I woulda "ratted out" the clerks to a Nordstrom's manager: "Is it keeping with store policy to make 'funny' comments about customer's clothing? Specifically, the well-dressed ones who are much more likely to spend money than the Nike t-shirt and jeans crowd? I buy a lot of suits, but WON'T be getting any from Nordstrom's from now on, if that's your attitude."

Doh! said:
Keeping with the mob motif, I woulda "ratted out" the clerks to a Nordstrom's manager: "Is it keeping with store policy to make 'funny' comments about customer's clothing? Specifically, the well-dressed ones who are much more likely to spend money than the Nike t-shirt and jeans crowd? I buy a lot of suits, but WON'T be getting any from Nordstrom's from now on, if that's your attitude."

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Hit 'em where it hurts---the sales. ;)

Regards,

J

Doh!

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
"should have bet them 20 bucks that they couldn't name the person they were imitating. I have a feeling I would have won the bet."

They would have said Clancy Wiggums.

You give 'em too much credit. I bet the answer would've been more along the lines of, "uh... that cop from The Simpsons. You know, the fat one?"

Or, God forbid, "uh... the dad from Family Guy. You know, the fat one?"

Jerekson

One Too Many
I have literally been wearing fedoras since I was five years old, I and I must say that I have never had any "bad" experiences due to this. In fact, the resulting remarks have been overwhelmingly positive.

A few minor scuffles, sure...:rolleyes:

Indy Jones, Humphrey Bogart, the like...I take those as compliments, however. Usually I will just smile and tip the hat, or something along those lines. A couple older fellas seemed to have gotten a bit of a kick out of my hats ;)

hargist

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Not snoop Dog? :p ;)

Actually, Snoop Dog likes my hat.

I work in a building in LA that has a lot of entertainment lawyers. As a result, I randomly see celebrities all the time including David Hasselhoff (who looks really weird in person ever since he got plastic surgery), the comedian Robert Rodriguez, and Snoop Dog.

I shared an elevator with Snoop. He looked over at me and said, "Cool hat." By the way, he's really tall. Hasselhoff is also taller than I expected.

hargist

One of the Regulars
johnnycanuck said:
Good day Hargist
Great story. Minor curiosity, what hat were you wearing that day?
Johnny

I was just wearing a gray pinstripe suit with my charcoal colored fedora. Snoop was wearing some fancy, shiny sweat suit. Or are they called warm ups? You know, the outfits basketball players wear over their uniforms.

hargist said:
Actually, Snoop Dog likes my hat.

I work in a building in LA that has a lot of entertainment lawyers. As a result, I randomly see celebrities all the time including David Hasselhoff (who looks really weird in person ever since he got plastic surgery), the comedian Robert Rodriguez, and Snoop Dog.

I shared an elevator with Snoop. He looked over at me and said, "Cool hat." By the way, he's really tall. Hasselhoff is also taller than I expected.

See I was right. Snoop Dog would wear one. ;) :p
I understood Hasselhoff was tall but Is Snoop taller? [huh]

Regards,

J

hargist

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I understood Hasselhoff was tall but Is Snoop taller?

It's a close call, but I think Snoop might be taller. Or he may just look taller because he's skinnier than Hoff.

Then again, most everyone is tall to me considering I stand at a towering 5'6".

The Wingnut

One Too Many
hargist said:
It's a close call, but I think Snoop might be taller. Or he may just look taller because he's skinnier than Hoff.

Snoop is built like a rail. It's actually funny. You'd think with his money and image he'd hit the gym and bulk out like the other rap stars, but I get the impression he's comfortable with himself the way he is. I actually have some respect for the guy, for the 'gangsta rap' image, he seems to have a sense of humor and a somewhat unpretentious attitude.

Jerekson

One Too Many
When I was a kid in my neighborhood, these two girls used to walk by my front yard every day. I was almost always outside playing with the dog or whatever I used to do...

They also used to shout out, "Cowboy" to me. They did this everyday for a while, until finally I told them that I was Indy, not a cowboy. (I was like, what? 6 years old...?) I never heard the end of that until I was about ten and then they disappeared...

Jerekson said:
When I was a kid in my neighborhood, these two girls used to walk by my front yard every day. I was almost always outside playing with the dog or whatever I used to do...

They also used to shout out, "Cowboy" to me. They did this everyday for a while, until finally I told them that I was Indy, not a cowboy. (I was like, what? 6 years old...?) I never heard the end of that until I was about ten and then they disappeared...

Sounds like an older woman fixation. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
So I'm walking my dog in the empty field next to my house, wearing a fedora, khaki trousers, and a linen A-2 style jacket. A kid of about 18 and his girlfriend (pushing a baby carriage) were walking by and he says to her, "Look, Steve Irwin!" [huh] Did Steve ever wear anything on his head at all, besides an occasional baseball cap? I didn't even have shorts on! lol The closest thing I had that looked like Steve's was my dog, who is also a blue heeler, but looks nothing like Sui.

steve_irwin_sui.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters