Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerekson

One Too Many
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I get called Aunt Jemima regularly by coworkers, or Rosie the Riveter, since I almost always have a bandana on at work.

heck I had pink hair (covered with a bandana) and my ASM said to another ASM

"what are you gonna do when your kid grows up to be like that?"

I'm a pretty tough cookie and not easily insulted, but jeez, better that kid grow up to be like me than a jerk like him!

I don't know why I keep insisting on watching this thread.

Every day it just makes me angry.

ed_bollix

New in Town
I have to check back with this thread now and then... I'm glad it was on page one today. My Celtic band was playing at an outdoor festival this weekend and I was master of ceremonies all three days. On day one I was wearing a gray tee shirt with my bands logo and blue jeans sitting on equipment next to the stage when a couple can by that I KNEW and said, "OH! We thought you were a Hobo!." A hobo? It was a gray Jaxon Safari but it's definitely a reasonable and new looking hat.Hobo...

Day two and man strikes up a conversation in the bathroom. I am wearing a J. Peterman canvas blazer with a safari looking shirt and the same blue jeans... Fellow says drunkenly "you have a good look like that guy in the movie." I replied "Indiana Jones," to which he replied "Yep, Indiana Jones!!!! Great look!" I then said, of the DP Mesh Breezer I was wearing, "This is the exact hat from the movie, I had it special made." He looked confused and I really don't like talking to drunk strangers in the bathroom so I left.

In celebration of that ridiculous incident I wore my Akruba Adventurer and received no Indiana Jones comments and enjoyed my idiot free day.

ed_bollix said:
I have to check back with this thread now and then... I'm glad it was on page one today. My Celtic band was playing at an outdoor festival this weekend and I was master of ceremonies all three days. On day one I was wearing a gray tee shirt with my bands logo and blue jeans sitting on equipment next to the stage when a couple can by that I KNEW and said, "OH! We thought you were a Hobo!." A hobo? It was a gray Jaxon Safari but it's definitely a reasonable and new looking hat.Hobo...

Day two and man strikes up a conversation in the bathroom. I am wearing a J. Peterman canvas blazer with a safari looking shirt and the same blue jeans... Fellow says drunkenly "you have a good look like that guy in the movie." I replied "Indiana Jones," to which he replied "Yep, Indiana Jones!!!! Great look!" I then said, of the DP Mesh Breezer I was wearing, "This is the exact hat from the movie, I had it special made." He looked confused and I really don't like talking to drunk strangers in the bathroom so I left.

In celebration of that ridiculous incident I wore my Akruba Adventurer and received no Indiana Jones comments and enjoyed my idiot free day.

An idiot free day!? Geez, you must live in a sparsely populated area. ;) :p

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I don't get many people who say anything to me. I guess its because Asheville is full of unusual people.
But I have been called 'Elvis' more than once. Which I don't really get. I don't look anything like him.
When I get this I usually say..."So I look like one of the most famous people of all time. A definate ladies man and multimillionaire" "I can live with that!"

That usually shuts them up.

Chad

RadioHead

Familiar Face
A new nickname! Hooray!

I've always wanted a nickname (as opposed to an epithet).

Since I've been wearing my various hats unabashedly, I have had more positive than negative comments, which I find rather heartening. Couple of weeks ago, as I was getting off the Mount Pleasant bus uptown, a young... (can't think of the adjective... sk8r grrl, perhaps?) totally unknown to me said "Excuse me... I really love your hat. Where did you get it?" I told her "Thanks very much" and where I got it... I've also had several people tell me they saw me in the street after recognizing the hat! (The fact that I'm 6 feet tall, bearded and fat didn't seem to make them twig, but the hat did...) Anyway—

One of my colleagues now calls me "The Cat in The Hat"; which I don't mind at all :)

"RadioHead"

Jerekson

One Too Many
Ugh. As much as I enjoyed seeing that new movie, it has absolutely KILLED the little respect that the community had for hats.

hargist

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Both sides of the law? With the same hat? Capone liked lighter colored hats---like the dove gray ones. Don't tell me you were wearing a brown or black hat---that was Ness. ;) :p

I was wearing a charcoal grey, nearly black, hat. But to most people who see a fedora, they're all the same. A hat is a hat.

At least I wasn't called Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran