Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Spats McGee said:
I'm not sure this is the *dumbest* comment I've ever heard, but it was pretty dumb. I was leaving the office yesterday in slacks, sportcoat, dress shirt and mid-gray Stylemaster. One of our security guards, who seems like a nice enough fellow, turns to me and says, "If your hat was leather, you'd look just like Dr. Jones going on an expedition."

If my hat was leather? Really? I was taken slightly aback, and simply said, "His hat wasn't leather." I really need to work on snappier comebacks. shakeshead

Perhaps he meant to say "If the coat was leather". In which case it's just another Indiana Jones comment.

avedwards said:
I would like to give people a scientific lecture about how a felt hat cannot suddenly open up at the crown. I think your last remark is quite true actually, I have reason to believe that drugs are smoked where I live (though not by me :eek:), which may account for the high stupidity levels.

High stupidity levels seem to be quite connected to such activities. ;) I suppose then they could say they were not stupid just stoned but then again it still might take stupidity to get there as well. :p

The Mick

New in Town
while playing a gig in my leather western and leather pants (see avatar) I was called "Stevie Ray Morison". As to Stevie Ray Vaughn + Jim Morison =. :eusa_doh:

k21ch1.jpg

jwalls said:
per your request: Sunday I wore my latest derby. http://www.xoopit.com/s/20um7cjq58ene24e1u4k A female at the supermarket ask; "Did you wear that hat on purpose?" Quote I "No,Madam, it jumped from the hat rack to my head as I left home."

What did she expect for an answer? Like you were going to tell her that you meant to wear the coon skin hat instead. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: :p
"Gee lady, you mean I have a hat on my head? It must have just grown there." ;) :p

yanito

New in Town
As I was walking by, I overheard someone say that I was early for Halloween since its next week. To which I thought to myself, "White trash trailer park festival" was last week so you're late.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Yesterday morning at shift change I was pouring myself a cup of coffee in the watch office when one of my buddies steps up behind me with an empty cup and half-laughs as he says;

"Hu,.....you look just like Michael Jackson in Public Enemy!"

I was wearing a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and a tan Dobbs Westward for crying out loud.

Without saying anything, I turned around and gave him the look of; "Are you freaking crazy?" and walked away.....

High Pockets

Practically Family
scottyrocks said:
I wouldve said, 'Remind me not to have you try to pick someone out of a police line-up.'

:D :D ROTFLMAO!!!!!:D :D

I wish I was that quick! lol

Mind if I use that in the future?:D

By the way, where you from? I grew up in Seaford and Hempstead.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
Yesterday morning at shift change I was pouring myself a cup of coffee in the watch office when one of my buddies steps up behind me with an empty cup and half-laughs as he says;

"Hu,.....you look just like Michael Jackson in Public Enemy!"

I was wearing a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and a tan Dobbs Westward for crying out loud.

Without saying anything, I turned around and gave him the look of; "Are you freaking crazy?" and walked away.....

scottyrocks said:
I wouldve said, 'Remind me not to have you try to pick someone out of a police line-up.'
:eusa_clap lol lol :eusa_clap

That's just TOO MUCH! lol

metropd

One Too Many
Occasionally I will have someone say I look like a gangster. I politely say "Hopefully not because I'm just a gentleman. They will apologize and say, "I meant to say you look great!"
I like to handle it this way since everybody wins.

If the individual is more street and saying I look gangsta I say, "I'm a gentleman but sometimes I have to handle my business."

The usual dumb comments I get with are Elliot Ness, Bogart, Sinatra, Fred Astaire, Capone, Cary Grant, Myer Lanskey, Tyrone Power, or William Powell, pretty much anyone they know from that era that reminds them of that era.

I get a young Sinatra by FAR the Most.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
High Pockets said:
:D :D ROTFLMAO!!!!!:D :D

I wish I was that quick! lol

Mind if I use that in the future?:D

By the way, where you from? I grew up in Seaford and Hempstead.

Yeah, afaic, my quips are public domain. Feel free.

Ive spent most of my life, from about 17 onward, in the Massapequa area (up til then in East Flatbush and Canarsie). I still live nearby, in Wantagh, and spend a lot of time in Merrick.

donCarlos

Practically Family
I got my first "Indiana Jones" today and I was not even wearing a hat! Well, I´m actually happy for this comment.

One schoolmate of mine said that he was watching some of the Indiana Jones movies last night and immediately thought of me - the way I dress, I wear a hat and I´m about to study archeology.

It´s all true, so I took it as a compliment and gave him a long speech about aims of archeology and how I.J. is not an archeologist...

High Pockets

Practically Family
scottyrocks said:
Yeah, afaic, my quips are public domain. Feel free.

Ive spent most of my life, from about 17 onward, in the Massapequa area (up til then in East Flatbush and Canarsie). I still live nearby, in Wantagh, and spend a lot of time in Merrick.

I used to run around the Massapequa area and get into trouble. Still have a lot of family up there in Levittown and North Mass.

Today was rainy here so I donned a Dobbs Westward and my London Fog Trenchcoat and headed out to run errands. Last stop was the grocery store where the young man behind the register said;

"'sup Sherlock?"

"What?"

"Said waas up Sherlock"

"Real funny"

"huh?"

"I said 'real funny',....it's a hat and a raincoat."

"Sorry sir."

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
High Pockets said:
I used to run around the Massapequa area and get into trouble. Still have a lot of family up there in Levittown and North Mass.

Today was rainy here so I donned a Dobbs Westward and my London Fog Trenchcoat and headed out to run errands. Last stop was the grocery store where the young man behind the register said;

"'sup Sherlock?"

"What?"

"Said waas up Sherlock"

"Real funny"

"huh?"

"I said 'real funny',....it's a hat and a raincoat."

"Sorry sir."

Thats hilarious. I love dry humor.

I lived in N. Mass from '95 to '07. I might even know some of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy