Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge's own Matt Deckard on HONY

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure how many of you Loungers are familiar with the Facebook photography page Humans of New York, but it's fairly popular in some circles. The photographer, Brandon Stanton, takes street portraits of people in New York and asks them probing questions, which answers he uses for captions. Just an hour or so ago he posted a picture of Matt Deckard, testifying!

https://www.facebook.com/humansofne...3196735.4429.102099916530784/833214146752687/

Currently trending on Facebook...

A familiar face on Humans of New York:

matt.jpg

with a gazillion likes and shares.

Humans of New York
"I'm the lead designer for Stetson hats. I've never met someone as crazy about hats as me. My goal in life is for everyone to understand that there is a hat out there for them. I'm not even selling hats. I'm selling romance."

Lefty you caused me to have a flashback with that mid-fifties kid-in-a-coat. The details in the background of that home looked exactly like MY house. Matt looked great, though (that's him, right?) ;)

frussell

One Too Many
Lefty, you are on it. I just spent a half hour reading most of the comments. Thankfully, most folks were not as brutal as they could have been, but some gave me a guilty chuckle. I wish Matt all the best, and I'm happy he's pushing Stetson in this direction. What is under that coat, though, seriously?

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Yep, those posters can be a little brutal although it looked like he scored very well, especially with the 'Chick' posters....:eusa_clap

I think some of those male posters were jealous of the female attention Matt was getting, especially after they realized they didn't have a hat to stand under....ha, ha...

I say bravo Matt! I bet hat sales in NYC will spike in the next couple days....}8^)

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
An those comments. There is little love today if you're not a bearded hipster wearing overpriced Japanese jeans and playing the steelworker role.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Most of the comments I have just read that are recent are fairly positive.

A few things noted are that Matt has probably created a very new awareness level for many people about both the Stetson hats and wearing a Fedora in general. Some of the comments seem to show that people appreciated how it was "back in the day" when everyone was wearing a hat, that people were more polite and well groomed and mannered. As my Husband would say, "Ain't that the truth"!

It is just fantastic that Matt was in the right place and the right time for all this to happen. The "Hat Gods" must have been shining so brightly on him.

From our home to Matt, thank you so deeply for just being YOU! I think Matt knocked it out of the ball park! Home run!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy